BuildDirect is seeking a talented, motivated Marketing Analyst to join us in our Vancouver Headquarters. At BuildDirect we see data and analytics as a critical strategic differentiator. This information helps us monitor the business, identify winning trends and innovate quickly. As the Marketing Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing and leveraging that information. You will support BuildDirect’s Executive, Marketing, Sales and Procurement teams in automating reports and in conducting analyses to uncover business opportunities.
You are an innovative thinker with 5+ years relevant work experience. You have a flair for converting numbers into business opportunity using your technical skills, a passion for mining data and sound business acumen.
- Develop and maintain reports to monitor key metrics and trends in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Support information requirements of our Executive, Marketing, Sales & Procurement teams
- Assist in maintaining the Marketing data mart
- Manage Google Analytics profiles and the integration between Google Analytics and our Marketing data mart
- Recommend and conduct analyses to identify new opportunities
Expected Outcomes in First Year:
- Become an expert in our reporting and data environment. Take ownership of all reports and support the management of the Marketing data mart
- Develop tools to assist Merchandizing and Procurement to identify opportunities and trends using our sales and web data.
- Identify and implement a tool suitable for ad-hoc analysis of data by selected employees
- Redesign company-wide and executive dashboards
- Develop strategy to enhance reporting environment
- Strong SQL skills, ideally experienced with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services or equivalent reporting tool.
- Experience with web analytics tool such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
- Statistical skills a definite asset. Knowledge of predictive modeling and clustering an asset.
- Comfortable working with data. Willing to “get hands dirty” digging through data to generate an understanding of information structures.
- Strong analytical skills combined with ability to think strategically
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks