Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Market Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that superior customer service and retention of customer accounts is provided in the geographic area assigned. Maintaining customer service commitments requires exceptional delivery of propane, propane equipment, and service through leading a large workforce of frontline field staff and accessing workforce and fleet logistics support and resources. The Market Manager has P&L accountability for the geographic area under their direction, and is responsible for engaging employees in their day-to-day work performance and ensuring safety compliance.
1. Customer Service and Retention
Build and maintain positive customer relationships within your market
Promote and enforce exceptional customer service and foster a culture of continuous improvement and excellence within the SP field team.
Engage customers directly to gain their feedback on Superior Propane service levels. Act where necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
Lead customer retention initiatives.
2. Ensure the effective delivery of product, equipment and services to customers.
Collaborate with National Operations Centre (NOC) to oversee daily operations and liaise on staff scheduling, performance, safety concerns.
Maintain service partnership relations for area(s) managed.
Improve service efficiency by eliminating redundancies and extraneous processes and consistently utilizing and enforcing established processes and procedures.
3. Lead, mentor, coach and develop field staff by providing clear direction, guidance and support to achieve the overall business strategy and objectives.
Proactively manage employee performance
Ensure consistent disciplinary actions, when required.
Develop and mentor talent within the team.
Engage staff in regular discussions on the front line performance, champion customer service.
4. Manage operational P&L results for the area managed.
Monitor area financials and activities relative to your defined market and budget plans. Deliver on budgeted financial contribution
Oversee and direct new sales activities for market area(s) managed
Affect continuous improvement and adjustments to plans when and where required.
5. Promote and enforce safety regulations and requirements by personnel under Market area management. Follow-up and train when and where needed. Liaise with regional and national teams to ensure safety performance is achieved.
- High school completion plus completion of specialized technical or business courses at the college level.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a field operations role with a customer service focus, with at least one (1) year in a supervisory / management capacity.
- Previous customer retention / account management experience. Proven track record of recognizing and providing good customer service.
- Ability to lead and manage change, and to coach and mentor performance development.
- Good understanding of transportation and distribution, as well as technical competence is required.
- Strong business acumen with a good financial understanding and previous P&L accountability
- Good analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of provincial regulatory requirements with respect to propane handling.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
- Good computer skills (Windows; MS Outlook; ERP, such as JD Edwards).
- A valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements.
- If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply online.