EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Translation Services team contributes to both corporate compliance with the Official Languages legislation and increasing corporate bilingualism.
The Manager is responsible for advising and guiding seven team members through various projects, providing expert advice to solve translation and revision issues. Reporting to the Director, External Relations & Corporate Communications, the manager ensures the efficient and timely delivery of high quality translations despite constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Creates a supportive and productive work environment, motivating and coaching staff and managing the workflow for optimal team performance, with a focus on mutual respect.
- Proactively establishes and maintains relationships with a network of internal stakeholders in order to obtain information on planned projects for coming months, and attends meetings held with cross-corporate teams at the onset of translation projects to help plan the production calendar and allow for the required resources.
- Cascades information received from team’s Director and other stakeholders to team members, ensuring proper initiatives or measures are taken as required.
- Ensure work is assigned in a cost-effective manner, that plans are met and that evolving needs are reflected in future budgets.
- Manages and monitors freelance translators, ensuring POs and required authorizations are in place, and evaluates work performed to ensure quality of translations, taking appropriate corrective measures. Strives to maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the freelance translators by providing regular guidance and feedback to them.
- Monitors the team’s progress to ensure that all responsibilities are met, and assists the Director in the resolution of operational or business issues and the removal of obstacles.
- Participates in the development of the Translation Services business strategy and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure proper prioritization of work and projects.
- Provides feedback to Director as to projected work, team issues, opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Assists with resolution of any staff issues.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and service enhancements. Leads the implementation of innovative solutions that improve the team’s efficiency.
- Technical expertise function – revision, translation, proofreading and terminology
- Acts as go to person for other team members, providing advice on any area relating to translation and bilingualism.
- Actively involved in maintaining sound internal/external customer relations, including providing translation and terminology advice and support.
- Acts as lead on high priority files and follows-up with clients regarding any issues.
- Possesses a wide range of expertise and keeps abreast of latest developments in specialized fields through in house training or external courses.
- University degree in translation, language or literature or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of revision experience in fields such as finance, economics, insurance, marketing and/or HR
- Experience in managing work flows, projects and small teams
- Highly motivated with proven ability to plan and manage multiple priorities, meet challenging deadlines and shift priorities as required, while managing workload independently
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (English and French)
Skills and knowledge
- Customer focus
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities within strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinking
$78,200 - $105,800 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 4, 2015, 11:59 p.m. EST
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Number of Openings: 1