Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Manager, Strategy and Digital will be a member of the Strategy and Digital team which is responsible for shaping the organization’s corporate strategy in Canada, as well as the development and rollout of Visa’s Canadian interchange strategy and digital strategy. The team also provides ad hoc business and analytic support to assist with decision-making on strategic issues.
Reflecting the dynamic nature of the strategy and digital function, the position is a hybrid position that is both strategy and execution-oriented, business and technical, and incorporates product management elements (related to mobile payments) and general business analytic elements. The individual will develop an intimate understanding of Visa’s digital and mobile strategies, assess opportunities with respect to mobile technologies and strategies, and provide client-facing support to Visa’s partners. Over time, the focus may change to include other digital initiatives driven by local market and corporate priorities. The individual will also be required to provide strong, effective business analytics for different initiatives in Canada; producing actionable insights that support key decisions for Visa and its clients.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, structured thinker and a creative problem solver with experience in consulting or product management. The position will be based in Toronto, Canada. Specific responsibilities include:
Digital Product Strategy:
- Assess opportunities with respect to various mobile payment and loyalty technologies (i.e. QR, NFC, Bluetooth, Geofencing, etc…) and building respective business models
- Run pilots and proof of concepts for new mobile proximity payment and loyalty products
- Support merchants, acquirers and issuers with new and emerging solutions in mobile commerce
- Support tokenization efforts and acceptance with merchants, acquirers and issuers
- Provide ongoing research and analysis as it relates to the digital payments and loyalty landscape
- Manage a portfolio of API's and SDK's and effectively engage third parties in their use
General Business Strategy and Analytics:
- Provide modeling, analytics, and decision support in the development of corporate strategies and day-to-day requirements of the strategy and interchange functions
- Work with stakeholders across the Canadian organization as required to extract, analyze, interpret and present Visa and client data.
Visa is a matrixed environment, and the individual will work with stakeholders in Canada and at the global office in Foster City, California. The position will formally report to the Head of Mobile in Canada, but will also work very closely with the Director responsible for Visa’s strategy and interchange function.
- Bachelor's degree or similar academic experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably with a major financial institution, consulting firm, payment card company or technology leader
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability communicate effectively with colleagues, senior management and clients; very strong collaboration skills are required
- Ability to develop business models
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfort synthesizing and presenting information
- Strong organizational and project management skills, diligent at effectively documenting and tracking key steps, executing against them, and reporting on them
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple project work streams
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.