Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Working with marquee partners such as Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, all Canadian NHL teams, the NBA, Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committees, the Manager – Sports Marketing is responsible to define and drive the marketing plan in support of Air Canada’s strategic marketing partnerships in support of brand and commercial objectives.
Manage the development, planning, implementation and measurement of all sports marketing programs including and not limited to NHL partnerships, NBA partnership, Air Canada Centre, Olympics and Paralympics in keeping with Air Canada’s brand strategy and Air Canada’s corporate and commercial objectives.
- Responsible for all negotiation efforts with external sports organizations on behalf of Air Canada.
- Working with colleagues in Marketing Communications, responsible for the planning, briefing, production and implementation for all activation (advertising, promotions, merchandising, product display and social content) for all sports related properties in support of marketing programs.
- Manage key relationships with Agencies for the planning and management of all sports assets.
- Manage the development and timely distribution of a yearly master calendar of events, by market, integrating all sports marketing activities across branches and divisions (local, regional and national).
- Manage the evaluation and measurement of all activation programs.
- Liaise with Revenue Management to manage the logistical challenges of select marketing.
- Manage and leverage the sports marketing budget to obtain maximum ROI for the investment. (cash and barter).
- Manage internal relationships (i.e. sales, loyalty, corporate communications, community investments and regional airlines) functions to ensure smooth and timely implementation of event marketing programs.
- Responsible for gathering quality input from internal and external sources for planning purposes.
- Provide guidance, focus and expertise to the Sales branch in support of local sales investments in sports related events.
- Liaise with the Sales branch to ensure smooth and timely implementation of special events.
- Active and on-going role in overall Marketing Communications strategic planning process.
- Responsible for providing leadership and a thriving, motivating work environment for the sponsorship marketing group and Agencies.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of select Point of Sale materials related to Sports program.
University degree, marketing background preferred
Minimum five-seven years’ experience in marketing and/or partnership management, with a marketing focus ideally in the airline, travel, sponsorship/event marketing areas
New business development experience, such as network development, lead generation, pitch development, and sales funnel management
Experience in B2C marketing (– i.e. Marketing with the consumer as the end user)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ability to analyze to create strategic marketing plans
Solution-driven individual with creative approach to idea generation and problem-solving
Proven leadership, organizational and project management skills.
Someone who can establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization
Strong interpersonal and written skills
Revenue and results driven focus
Inspires team members to maximize their potential by providing immediate and on-going feedback
Aspire to greater challenges and thrives in fast-moving, performance-driven environment, with high tolerance for change
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job Posting End Date:
Aug 14, 2015, 10:59:00 PM