Manager, Partnership Marketing - CBC Sports & Olympics - TOR08175
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Contract, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Interested in Sports Partnerships? Want to work on building the iconic CBC Sports brand in Canada? Want to work on sports properties like the Olympic Games, the Calgary Stampede and more?
The CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions, Olympic Partnership Marketing team is looking for a strategic, creative and enthusiastic Manager responsible for providing marketing strategy and brand activation expertise to the team in order to develop and execute brand-building opportunities for current and prospective Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 partners.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing, the successful candidate will lead in the creation, planning, and development of new sponsored integration concepts and in-program partnership opportunities. The Manager will collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as with partners to deliver integrated programs, while establishing program parameters and developing reporting methods to be used in post-analysis, relating back to program and client objectives.
This assignment is expected to end on March 31, 2022.
Duties will include:
- Collaborating with the CBC/Radio-Canada;s Olympic Production and Partnership Marketing teams onstrategy development, creation, planning, and execution of innovative partnership opportunities with existing and/or new clients for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games and other sports properties as required.
- Developing and delivering strategic client concepts and presentations to existing senior stakeholders and prospective partners and their media agencies.
- Managing internal and external relationships and expectations, ensuring program elements are executed with excellence.
- Analyzing, interpreting and strategically incorporating research into presentations by highlighting key insights that provide rationale for a particular marketing solution, and how they align with partner objectives.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders (including communications, legal, research, production, etc.) to deliver integrated multi-platform programs to partners.
- Establishing program parameters and developing reporting methods to be used in post-analysis, relating back to program and partner objectives.
- Throughout campaign execution, understanding and meeting business needs, providing strategic advice, and establishing and maintaining client trust.
- Effectively responding to the various requests and suggesting creative solutions tailored to the needs and circumstances of the assignment.
- Solving problems that arise during campaigns.
- Lead integration projects and ensure high quality output for both the brand and content teams.
- Developing briefings, and following up with clients and programming (or producers) to ensure integrations and product placements are correct and achieving client goals.
- Creating Sales support materials related to activations and specific sales tools (strategic pitches, mock-ups, highlight reels, award submissions etc.).
- Leading coordination of the production of custom on-air creative broadcast, digital and social components
- Working with the billboard production unit to ensure Sponsors objectives are met within our required timelines on custom creative media campaigns.
- Ensuring all program deliverables are met, on time and on budget.
- Seeking and proposing relevant new partnership opportunities.
- Ensuring Advertising Standards are adhered to.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities on a regular basis with many critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post secondary education in marketing and communications, or the equivalent.
- Understanding and knowledge of brand strategy, sports sponsorships, digital and social platforms.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to articulately and enthusiastically deliver strategic client-facing presentations.
- A self-starter that is keen to learn and hone their skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills with an ability to create new ideas in order to compete in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) in addition to good listening and interpretative skills.
- Extensive experience in development with PowerPoint, Google Slides or Indesign. Illustrator experience is an asset.
- Strong negotiation skills required when dealing with internal departments.
- Ability to handle multiple varied priorities on a regular basis with many critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Initiative and demonstrates sound judgment in decision making.
- Some overtime may be required and some travel is expected for on-set execution of partner-related activations.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in Marketing, Sponsorship or Brand Activation.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.