Manager – New Media, Digital and Visual Communications
Are you a dynamic leader who can coach employees/staff to deliver outstanding results? Do you know how to use digital communications tools to influence audiences? Are you an experienced communicator who can create social media strategies that drive specific outcomes? If yes, then consider this exciting opportunity to join our management team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- lead, manage and direct a team of professional staff
- manage the development, delivery and evaluation of media strategies, programs and policies
- build and maintain partnerships with other colleagues in the communications field, external service providers, etc.
- provide advice to ministry and staff on the effective use of new and digital media
- understand the impact of technology and how best to use it to influence audiences
- provide strategic communications and marketing advice to ministry clients on the development and implementation of visual media
- be a leader of change who inspires staff to innovate
Location: 1 Stone Road, Guelph, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Managerial and Team Leadership Skills:
- you have experience providing strategic direction and guidance to teams
- you are able to motivate staff
- you are able to model positive behaviours
- you have experience fostering an environment of high-performance, learning, growth and continuous improvement
- you are able to establish clear goals and ensure each staff member has a shared understanding and commitment to achieving those goals
- you have experience leading organizational change initiatives
Strategic and Operational Planning Skills:
- you have experience establishing strategic objectives and work plans to meet current and future priorities
- you are able to effectively utilize the skills and talents of the work unit
- you have experience managing projects, effectively utilizing resources and prioritizing tasks to deliver results under tight timelines in a highly scrutinized environment
Relationship Management Skills:
- you are able to apply political acuity in the management of complex, sensitive and high-profile issues
- you have experience building effective teams and networks and fostering collaboration and partnerships
- you have experience consulting with external stakeholders and building strong working relationships
Other Important Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- you have in-depth knowledge of communications theory, principles and best practices related to multimedia and new/social media services, digital communications and visual media
- you have experience influencing target audiences through the use of social media
- you understand the current and emerging market trends in new and social media
Salary range: $76,726.00 – $100,240.00 per year