As part of the Canadian eBay marketplaces team based in Toronto, Canada, this role will report to the Managing Director of eBay Canada and be responsible for Canadian consumer, corporate, and employee communications. The successful candidate will develop, lead and execute integrated campaigns and programs, including both traditional marketing communications and digital strategies, to advance eBay’s brand and business goals. They will levarage their considerable agency and/or corporate experience to effectively engage key stakeholders including consumers, employees, partners, other businesses and the media.
- Own all aspects of PR and communications for eBay Canada – from strategy to execution;
- Lead the creative and planning process for both consumer and corporate communications (including executive positioning), taking into account eBay’s Canadian and global objectives, available resources, and competitive landscape;
- Efficiently engage with eBay’s communications agency to manage project planning and execution; provide clear direction and guidance to maximize outcomes
- Work effectively with Canadian colleagues (e.g. marketing, social media, and content teams) to extend campaigns for key audiences; develop and nurture relationships with US and international communications teams to ensure that best practices are shared and global campaigns and content are fully leveraged in Canada;
- Actively manage eBay Canada’s communications budget and associated performance metrics; develop and meet performance goals;
- Lead employee communications within the Canadian office ensuring that there is a regular cadence of Canada-specific employee engagement.
- At least seven to ten years of communications experience for B2C companies and/or clients;
- Robust experience with both consumer and corporate communications, including executive profiling and reputation management;
- Track record of developing and executing successful communications programs, as well as influencer/advocacy initiatives;
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive and high-energy approach to client service, team management and delivering results;
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated and managed;
- Highly effective working with and through others. You have a truly collaborative style with an ability to effectively influence others through a collaborative, thoughtful and tactful communication style.
Education: Bachelors Degree Required
Requisition ID: 111378BR-1