Who We Are
At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, shape BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT’s Marketing and Communications is seeking a regular, full-time Manager, Marketing. The Manager, Marketing will manage the essential relationships between Marketing and Communications and the BCIT community.
This position is responsible for developing marketing programs to drive student enrolment and increase brand affinity amongst key stakeholder groups, such as prospective and current students, alumni, donors and industry partners. This will be facilitated through the exceptional management of a team of Marketing and Communications professionals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates as a member of the Marketing and Communications management team, providing input to development of strategies, advising and making recommendations on key decisions, and sharing responsibility for departmental achievements and success.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.
- Leads and contributes to the planning, execution, measurement and optimization of all Institute advertising campaigns.
- Ensures and contributes to the cohesive development and implementation of an Institute-wide marketing plan, as well as overseeing School and/or sector-based marketing plans across the Institute.
- Responsible for the Institute’s digital marketing and communications strategy, and tactical implementation of digital marketing and website content optimization. Provides digital leadership and innovation including advertising, social paid and owned, email marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) for marketing and recruitment, and procurement.
- Ensures planning, coordination and execution of campaigns and materials through the Marketing and Communication department.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications team members to ensure seamless delivery of strategic creative solutions and products, briefings and presentations, planning and processes.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications management team to ensure a strong environment of collaboration and shared services is developed between the divisions.
- Supports strategic and timely planning and execution of BCIT’s media strategy and marketing campaigns with the agency partner.
- Establishes solid communication channels with business development managers and embedded marketing representatives in schools and service departments.
- Manages and provides oversight of brand, marketing and campaign budgets, ensuring budgets are tracked and reconciled.
- Represents the Institute in external activities that support widespread partnerships.
- Researches and maintains awareness of emerging trends and best practices, identifying opportunities to enhance work, and to support achievement of departmental goals.
- Participates in selection committees for the procurement of services and products.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with documented ongoing education in related areas.
- Minimum five years of direct and current experience in marketing.
- Additional marketing experience including branding, digital marketing, market research, CRM, and advertising is preferred.
- Experience in digital and online marketing and web analytics.
- Proven understanding of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Experience with, and an understanding of, the graphic and print industry.
- Exceptional people leadership, professional standards, communication skills, resourcefulness and energy, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team is strongly desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends when required.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.