The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
The Manager, Marketing is responsible for managing marketing operations and guiding the work of the Marketing team in executing marketing projects in accordance with the marketing strategic plan.
- Monitors the project portfolio, ensuring that deadlines are being met and escalating to the Director if project demand threatens to overwhelm team capacity.
- Develops and manages standard operating procedures; oversees project strategy and planning, ensuring projects meet their brief and are executed within their approved budget, scope and schedule.
- Manages projects in an online tracking system, identifying and managing project dependencies.
- Takes a lead role in all aspects of change management for projects, including communications, training, and other user adoption initiatives.
- Troubleshoots strategy and project issues and escalates to Director when required.
- Reviews and revises marketing procedures and creates educational resources as required to better align with UFV needs and marketing best practices.
- Ensures that projects are reviewed, measured and evaluated for reporting purposes.
- Assists Director with budget planning and tracking.
- Leads Marketing Council meetings and delivers educational information sessions for University Relations staff, Marketing staff, and institutional clients.
- Works with the Director to develop and manage institutional brand campaigns and key messaging.
Marketing Research and Strategy
- Conducts market research to support the development of strategy and tactics.
- Works with the Director and University Relations management team to ensure that strategic and tactical marketing planning at the unit level aligns with institutional marketing strategy.
- Assists the Director with communicating strategy and priorities to University Relations staff, Marketing staff, and institutional clients.
- Supervises a cross-functional team comprised of strategist, design, web, and project staff.
- Troubleshoots human resources issues and escalates to Director when required.
- Manages staff scheduling and provides mentoring, support, and coaching to maximize staff performance.
- Manages the relationship with vendors, consultants, contractors, and suppliers and works closely with UFV’s Purchasing department.
- Ensures compliance with procurement policies and that purchasing within department is fiscally responsible.
- Organizes large-scale institutional advertising purchases.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in project management and marketing strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and time management skills with the ability to establish and implement priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and observation skills.
- Ability to build and lead teams to establish, influence and maintain marketing resources and protocols.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including spreadsheet, database management, word processing and presentation applications.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and the prepress process.
- Local travel is required in this position; must hold a valid BC driver’s license and have a vehicle.
- Familiarity with content management software, Wordpress, and project management tools an asset.