Manager, Market Insights and Strategy
Salary: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (1122)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations across North America, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Asia. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Strategy & Market Insights team is a trusted partner in the development of long and short range strategies, working cross-functionally with the entire business on key strategic initiatives. Our team enables strategy development by designing, conducting, and analyzing consumer, competitive, and financial analysis to deliver a strong fact base of insights and a logical framework for executive decision-making. Our team’s research capability supports cross-functional initiatives from global pricing strategic to the development of long range plans. Key activities for our team include leading cross functional teams in the development and execution of long range plans, working closely with merchandising to assess and implement market and category SKU level pricing opportunities, conducting market research to understand brand health across key markets, and developming market plans for store portfolio optimization.
A day in the life:
- You are a strategic thinker and can solve problems by quickly getting to the core of an issue through investigation and analysis, and you can take data to insights and ultimately to action
- You design, build, and analyze primary consumer and market research through sophisticated quantitative and qualitative research techniques, including surveys, focus groups, shop-alongs, concept testing, etc.
- You are up for any challenge and variety is the spice of life. Your comfort zone is “no comfort” zone, you figure out ways to solve strategic problems new to the organization and new to you
- You lead projects independently and are comfortable holding cross functional partners accountable for results.
- Your leadership presence is your super power. You enroll the organization in your project(s) and effectively build relationships across the business, including key merchandising, retail, and brand partners
- With enrollment, you can also implement the change, setting the organization up for sustainable results
- MBA or advanced degree a must
- 2-3 years experience at top-tier strategy consulting firm, or 5+ years at market research firm required
- 5+ years experience designing, executing, and analyzing large quantitative market research studies and qualitative ethnographic research, and generating actionable insights required
- Skilled at writing and delivering presentations to senior executives
- Experience designing and executing qualitative ethnographic research studies and focus groups required
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing large quantities of data required
- Experience writing and delivering presentations to senior executives required
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.