DISCOVERY STARTS HERE
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Manager, Interactive Marketing (14-month Contract)
In the key role of Manager, Interactive Marketing, you will strategize and oversee the execution for online, social media and CRM marketing programs that promote the Samsung brand, drive traffic to the website and create positive interactions with consumers. Your goal is to build brand awareness, positive opinion and increase the demand for Samsung products and services. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Public Relations, you will work closely with the divisonal marketing team, team of direct reports, PR, division product marketing managers and Service Marketing to integrate online and CRM programs with the broader Samsung marketing strategies. Managing several agencies, you will also liaise with our U.S. and global online, social media, and CRM teams to align our local programs with global strategies.
- Recommend the annual online marketing plan using all the latest web strategies to promote Samsung Brand and products including: online programs, online media buy, content partnerships and search engine optimization and Search Engine Marketing
- Manage the development of marketing campaigns to promote brand and products, and drive consumer traffic to www.samsung.ca
- Create and distribute one-to-one customized customer communications following permission marketing theory
- Use creativity and the latest technological tools to build customer database and maintain loyalty
- Staying within Samsung global website guidelines, manage direct report team to optimize and direct the design, functionality, user interface and navigational elements of samsung.ca
- Recommend and manage content partnerships to increase brand awareness and online impressions
- Track campaign performance and perform post-program evaluations; help develop ROI metrics to ensure the success of the online investment
- Act as primary contact to various individuals, departments, regions, and stakeholders within Samsung Canada on web-based opportunities
- Manage annual online budget for Brand Marketing
- Manage online components of Corporate Sponsorships (NHL, NBA, Hockey Canada, Olympics, etc.) including the execution of their programs
- Work directly with all agencies as the direct contact for all online projects
- Manage Social Media (agency) relationships as it relates to day to day operations and yearly strategy and planning (currently 5 Branded properties). Make recommendations on content, images, copy
- Manage a direct report team of Online Marketing, Social, and CRM Specialists that supports B2C and B2B
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
- 5-6 years experience in Web-based Marketing / Interactive Marketing preferred
- Experience in marketing program, agency and budget management
- Extensive knowledge of interactive marketing components (banner advertising, e-mail marketing, HTML, response pages, web-based response data capture, social media marketing etc.)
- Understanding of industry trends, online advertising trends, Internet communication methodologies, and web and social media best practices
- MS Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Demonstrated skills and experience in negotiating and making presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Minimal travel required
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.