Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Manager, Direct Response will be responsible for in managing, planning, implementing, and evaluating direct marketing programs including a large-scale direct dialogue program, a new hospital ‘heroes’ program and patient solicitation campaigns within CAMH Foundation. The purpose of these programs is to build the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation.
The Manager, Direct Response will set annual budget, objectives, establish and implement strategies to reach those objectives, and monitor progress of their programs. The Manager is also responsible for evaluating the lifecycle of these initiatives in an effort to keep the programs, which include online, direct mail and face-to-face fundraising elements, relevant for constituents and productive for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive integrated direct response program that includes renewal, upgrade, and acquisition strategies across several mediums – mail, online and face to face. Strategies should be cost effective and must focus on increasing long-term value of donors.
- Manage the day-to-day activities as they relate to execution of the direct response programs. This includes concept development, management of critical paths and budget tracking; coordinating the creation, production and distribution of various materials (print and online); and coordinating with external suppliers as needed.
- Working with the Director, develop and implement a new CAMH Foundation tribute offering focused on recognizing hospital staff, volunteers and other ‘heroes’. A priority will be to focus on the integration and alignment with other Foundation programs, as well as engage senior volunteers to champion and guide the program.
- Initiate a patient solicitation program, working closely with hospital stakeholders to manage expectations and tackle issues that might pertain to this type of program.
- Develop and execute weekly appeal reporting and communicate regularly about strategic appeal development, progress and results against goals; also monthly budget management and reporting.
- Develop a fulsome stewardship program and thank you process for direct response, monthly and unsolicited donors.
- Build strong relationships with other members of the Foundation Team as well as various Hospital staff to ensure success within the programs.
- Build strong working relationships with external volunteers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of CAMH priorities and related mental health and addiction issues.
- Ensure the effective utilization and application of Raiser’s Edge for the programs, including accurate, professional and timely updates of records, actions and reports.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation.
- Participate actively as a member of an integrated development team.
- Bachelor's degree required and minimum of four years of directly related fundraising experience, with a focus on direct marketing.
- Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit healthcare organization a definite asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project coordination, data management and analysis.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable generating and analyzing statistics on program performance.
- Must possess excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit.
- Professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters essential.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office products and internet tools.