You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
Corporate Marketing and Communications (MarCom) has responsibility for internal and external communications and for enterprise-wide brand, digital and research initiatives, and represents the work of the International Marketing Centre.
Digital Marketing and Communications has emerged in Sun Life Financial as a potential area of strategic differentiation. Programs are in place to leverage and grow our digital properties in support of business goals across various dimensions including public sites, extranets, intranets, mobile – in virtually every market we are active in. We are especially focusing on digital marketing and communications initiatives including social media and search marketing.
This is a 2 year contract.
Reporting directly to the Director, Digital Marketing, this role would work with internal clients to achieve differentiation through their digital marketing initiatives. This role ensures initiatives meet business objectives through new and existing digital strategies, while protecting Sun Life's reputation.
- In consultation with Corporate and Canadian stakeholders, develop proactive digital campaign plans to bestmeet business objectives and company communication goals
- Keep abreast of industry trends and champion innovative and creative strategies for internal clients, including Individual Insurance & Investments, Client Solutions, Group Benefits and Group Retirement Services
- Manage internal client and vendor relationships to ensure strategy and tactical implementation of campaigns are efficient, effective and meet objectives
- Manage the project timelines, budgets and deliverables to ensure projects/campaigns are delivered on time and on budget
- Conduct analysis of results and make recommendations for campaign improvement
- Collaborate with international teams, sharing ideas and strategies for digital marketing ideas and initiatives
- Review and approve internal projects through the Publications Review Process to ensure they meet Corporate Marketing and Communications requirements
- Consult on new global & regional projects to ensure guidelines have been interpreted appropriately
- Collaborate with IT on identifying and implementing enhancements related to campaign management best practices
- Influence and work with a variety of internal and external partners
- Support other team projects as required
- In-depth digital marketing and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: must be able to influence and negotiate with people from diverse backgrounds and levels throughout the organization
- Proficient project management skills
- Proficient consulting skills
- Proven online writing and editing skills
- Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and communications
- Ability to excel under pressure
- University or college degree
- 5 to 7 years experience in digital marketing and/or communications, including usability and search engine strategies
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.