Who we are
TU Group is the parent company of Travel Underwriters, OneWorld Assist and TravelGold Mexico.
For over 50 years, we’ve insured millions of travellers and as the obvious choice for travel insurance, we understand the changing needs of travellers, partners and employees. We adapt with market-driven solutions, giving travellers the confidence to experience their world. TU Group is privately held with headquarters in Richmond, BC, Canada. We have over 150 employees in operating offices across Canada. TU Group is designated as a Canada’s Best Managed Company for 2012.
We currently are looking for a digital thinker to lead our Marketing Communications team.
Who you are
You have experience creating and implementing digital strategies that build the brand, increase traffic to web properties and capture leads. You understand the importance of providing an exceptional customer experience. You are passionate about providing clear, consistent and informative communication. You are a natural leader who understands that the purpose of your role to be one of supporting your team. You are driven to meet deadlines, and you flourish in an environment that is fast-paced.
If this is you and you want to make a difference in a company that values contribution, then we want to hear from you.
What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Ownership and accountability of digital marketing within the overall integrated strategy.
- Works with Digital Business Department to continually optimize all digital media and web properties.
- Measures, analyzes, and tests digital marketing tactics.
- Manages the creation and publishing of digital content and its distribution through the company’s digital channels.
- Develops tactics to improve e-commerce and online sales.
- Increases the volume of quality traffic to web properties and improves SEO.
- Develops an email marketing strategy to foster brand loyalty and sales.
- Assists in the planning and growth of an online customer community.
Integrated Marketing Strategy with a focus on Customer Experience
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop integrated marketing and communications plans (both digital and traditional) to drive sales and improve the customer experience.
- Ensures interactive online marketing activities align with non-interactive communication efforts.
- Provides customer insights to improve existing or create new travel insurance products and services.
- Looks for creative ways to improve customer loyalty.
- Recommends strategies to improve Net Promoter Score and acquire customer testimonials.
- Monitors results of marketing communications activities against plans and budgets and provides feedback to Director, Marketing Communications.
- Ensures our brand is properly represented on all digital properties and in all corporate communications.
- Leads the Marketing Communications team to execute on cohesive tactics.
- Assists Director, Marketing Communications with strategic planning.
- Uses TU planning process to develop, monitor and implement department plans.
- Works with the Marketing Communications Coordinator to ensure department plans are up-to-date.
- Ensures team is knowledgeable about projects and company activities.
- Ensures a collaborative, creative environment for the Marketing Communications team.
- Effectively uses PMP to help staff succeed. This includes performance planning, coaching, interim reviews and year-end reviews.
- Meets with direct reports regularly to provide an outlet for one-on-one communication and mentoring.
Motivates the team to meet marketing targets and service levels.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Marketing or a related field required
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible positions in marketing or communications
- 2+ years of experience supervising or managing a team
- 2+ years digital marketing experience – B2B and B2C (B2B2C an asset)
- Deep understanding of the online sales funnel, and how to use KPI’s and Google Analytics to help increase conversion
- Comprehensive experience with online lead generation and social media
- In-depth knowledge of SEM and SEO
- Skill with the tools of the trade including: copywriting, Microsoft suite, market research, creative services
- Working knowledge of content management systems and CRM software an asset
- Experience working with external PR and/or creative agencies
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse priorities for a variety of clients/stakeholders
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas and solve problems
- Strong effective communicator
- Knowledge of travel insurance is an asset
- A passion for travel
What we value
At TU Group, we are:
Purposeful - we understand; we plan; and then we execute.
Achievement Oriented - we view targets as minimums. Results matter and we work to succeed.
Cohesive - we work towards common goals and respect each other's roles, responsibilities and expertise.
Evolutionary - we look for opportunity in change. Success is measured by our ability to learn, adapt and be innovative.