Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a Manager, Digital Marketing based at our global head office in south Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, and this person will lead the efforts of the integrated digital marketing team. Using the full range of digital marketing platforms and tools, this role will be responsible for driving revenue, customer acquisition & retention, and building brand equity. Strategic and tactical planning of digital marketing programs is in scope for this role. With the continuously growing share of Ritchie Bros. auction participation taking place online globally, this position will be a key business driver for the enterprise.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the world, there will be many opportunities to advance your career -- we've proven this over and over throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll make sure we help you achieve your own financial goals. We deliver a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Base salary and performance-based bonus program.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Group RRSP with company match + employee share purchase plan both with company matching.
- Ongoing management and leadership development training.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- State-of-the-art, 160,000 sq. ft. LEED gold certified building, located opposite the picturesque Fraser river walk, close to public transit and minutes from shops, restaurants and services.
- Subsidized on-site childcare centre and subsidized on-site cafeteria.
- Employee lounge with TV, Xbox and sofas.
- Workout facility open 24/7, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, full shower, changing facilities and regular fitness and nutrition programs.
- Free employee parking.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is strategic, creative and deeply familiar with established and emerging online marketing techniques. You may be working at the global headquarters of a multinational company or an agency today. You're definitely looking for a place to share your experience and expertise, and take the team and the entire Ritchie Bros. digital marketing program to the next level.
- Oversee development and execution of digital marketing strategies and execution of business plan in support of acquisition, engagement/loyalty/retention/win-back and brand-buildin.
- Oversee online customer experience and strategically contributes to optimum e-commerce and auction participation functionalit.
- Provide Digital Marketing Team leadership, coordination, motivation and developmen.
- Manage integration within all digital marketing efforts, as well as integration of those among other RB channels, to increase effectiveness and lead flow toward meeting delivery and revenue target.
- Manage analytics processes toward improving desired outcomes (including conversions, awareness, auction participation, user satisfaction, etc.), as well as toward internal knowledge managemen.
- Introduce strategic testing methods to continually increase and optimize rate of desired outcome.
- Strategize, plan and help to coordinate digital initiatives from several perspectives, including: business goals, systems/process road-map, and customer experienc.
- Keep current on emerging online marketing techniques and opportunities.
- Manage digital marketing budgets using comprehensive ROI reporting/forecasting through monitoring, data and statistical analysis of user traffic trend.
- Responsible for leadership and management activities related to integrated digital marketing.
- Assess business demands against current capacity & capabilities, and shape supporting resources and systems accordingl.
- Stay current with customer interaction data & trends.
- Help to establish defined digital marketing action plans and budgets, and operates within them.
- Strive for maximum satisfaction for customers interacting via integrated digital media.
- Contribute directly and in support of strategic development of all services delivered via the digital media.
Here's what you bring:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Commerce, Business or Technology discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in digital marketing including e-commerce, mobile, email, social media and search marketing.
- Must have at least 5 years experience managing and leading teams in a dynamic setting.
- Proven marketing expertise with implementing strategically compelling and cost-effective digital communication, brand, commerce and service programs, in an integrated marketing and enterprise business context.
- Proven systems expertise with tools in support of integrated digital marketing, commerce & service, including CRM, email/sms marketing, analytics, content/interface/user experience design, content management, social media management, intranet.
- Proven technical expertise of the capabilities of a broad range of digital media technology, including understanding multi-tier web application architectures and relational databases.
- Proven analytical skills and expertise for optimizing marketing effectiveness and operational performance.
- Knowledge of industry best practices concerning spam, privacy, copyright, etc.
- Experience with vendor and partner management.
- Experience in international and cross-cultural marketing.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to support evolving business goals.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Outstanding communication and internal customer service skills – you must be diplomatic, professional, patient and a good listener.
- Experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A high degree of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.