About Toronto Metropolitan
At the intersection of mind and action, Toronto Metropolitan University is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
In April 2022, the university announced our new name of Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.
Magnet is a not-for-profit, digital social innovation platform co-created by Toronto Metropolitan University in partnership with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce in 2014.
Our mission is to accelerate inclusive economic growth for all in Canada by advancing careers, businesses and communities.
We do this by connecting people, businesses and organizations to opportunity through our intelligent matching technology, developed within the DMZ ecosystem at Toronto Metropolitan University.
We are seeking a Manager, Digital Effectiveness to join our team! In this role you will manage an effective traditional, digital and social media marketing plan for Magnet to enhance its image, brand and reputation while driving measurable results. You will also provide strategic and creative solutions and implement Magnet’s strategic priorities to reach its goals and objectives. The Manager provides leadership in creating, inspiring and challenging conceptual ideas for projects, in an integrated way through various channels and mediums. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications and directly supervises the Digital Content and Web Developer, and Project Coordinators.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Design, Marketing, or a related field, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital marketing/advertising, digital KPIs/analytics, social media growth, media buying, creative asset creation, and web development within an agency.
- Experience collaborating across organizational boundaries and building partnerships across various functions in unionized environments.
- Experience managing staff in a unionized environment.
- Experience in design theory, colour theory, illustration, research skills; print knowledge, knowledge of all design and web application software. Proven expertise in both Mac OS and PC environments, with a solid foundation in HTML, user interface (UI/UX), design (Adobe CC), social media, Google Analytics and reporting dashboards.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing channels and how to leverage them. Knowledge of technical SEO, including HTML, URL structures, keyword analysis, inbound strategies, content optimization, search engine crawlers, indexes and algorithms and any other factors that impact organic visibility.
- Strong understanding of effective design strategy practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touch points or mediums applying visual and verbal expression. Fluency in design language and the and creative development process.
- Ability to manage from start to finish a variety of digital campaigns while increasing online visibility, building high quality inbound links, improving content, and performing SEO audits.
- Proven knowledge of CRM (Salesforce), project management tools (Asana) or software.
- Proven success in managing multiple initiatives/projects concurrently while meeting changing requirements/priorities to accomplish objectives. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage several projects and deadlines at once.
- Ability to synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and present results to solve unique and complex problems. Ability to translate complex technical information into consumer-friendly designs / assets that drives action.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability develop and implement creative and innovative idea.
- Quick thinking and resourcefulness, complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills with the knowledge and ability to apply effective creative methodologies to projects emotional intelligence and diplomacy.
- Supervisory and management skills, team working skills, ability to work with and direct staff.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong research and analytical and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, including leadership, negotiation and public relations.
- Strong technical background with a good understanding of a variety of systems and applications.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work with the public to address issues related to Magnet and a working understanding of academic and non-profit organizations.
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
1 year from start date
Hours of Work
Application Close Date
December 16, 2022
Qualified MAC employees will be interviewed before members of other employee groups.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Applicants who do not meet all of the posted qualifications may, upon the University’s sole discretion, be considered to fill a vacancy on an underfill basis.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Applications will only be accepted online through Toronto Metropolitan University's careersite.
Toronto Metropolitan University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Toronto Metropolitan University community.We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.