You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
In Group Benefits, we serve more than 5 million Canadians - plan members and their dependents - through our more than 11,000 group benefit plans across the country. Our customers include employees, associations, affinity groups and creditors in virtually every industry in Canada, and we're proud to be their benefits provider.
This is a 1 year contract.
The Manager, Digital Communications will lead the development of Sun Life's digital programs in the Group Benefits Marketing Communications team. This position will report to the Director, Marketing & Communications. These digital marketing strategies will result in clear and compelling communications, a growth in the breadth and depth of these channels and ultimately enhance and support the understanding of Group Benefits products and services.
- Develop and execute strategic digital marketing plans to support the launch and ongoing development of Sun Life Group Benefits product and service initiatives
- Develop and oversee implementation of Group Benefits digital communications to Group Benefits Employers, Employees and Advisors
- Investigate, recommend and deliver the best and most appropriate digital channels to support Marketing Campaigns. This could include: Content management tools, email marketing and newsletters, webcasts, wiki pages, podcast, video, mobile apps and social media tools
- Work closely on Project teams with other Marketing leaders in the digital rollout of Marketing Campaigns and communications
- Develop strong working relationships with other internal stakeholders who support digital communications within Sun Life as well as selected external vendors
- Create measurement programs to monitor and report on the success of digital marketing channels and modify mix as necessary
- Follow and analyze emerging digital trends to constantly evolve the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Manage, Coach and support a digital marketing communications team of 4 employees
- 5-7 years experience in marketing communications within insurance, financial services or a related industry
- A passion for digital communications, new media and technology innovation
- Demonstrated experience using digital communication strategies in a business setting
- Knowledge of digital programs and tools
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Solid project management skills
- Experience working with outside agencies and creative consulting firms
- University degree or equivalent
- Marketing, Journalism or Communications Degree/Certificate
- Membership in industry and/or marketing organizations
- High attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Knowledge Content Management systems
- Experience with online campaigns and social media sites
- An understanding of customer behaviour through the analysis of web data
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strategic thinker - used to focusing on the big picture
- Flexible, adaptable and quick to turn around results
- Calm under pressure
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.