Manager, Corporate Marketing and Communications
General Fusion is developing the technological and physics base to enable a breakeven Magnetized Target Fusion (MTF) demonstration. The approach being pursued by General Fusion has the potential to yield the first economically viable fusion reactor, leading to commercialization and widespread use of fusion energy on a much more rapid timeline than any other route currently being considered. General Fusion is working in alliance with academic, industrial and governmental partners to implement a well-supported research and development pathway for this alternative approach to practical fusion energy. General Fusion is located in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, within the Vancouver area. General Fusion is privately funded with support from Canadian grants.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
Reporting to and supporting the Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, the Manager, Corporate Marketing and Communications will help fuel the growth of the company through the delivery of compelling communications initiatives. You will work closely with the General Fusion Executive team in developing communications strategy and plans, along with their execution.
- Setting communications messages and company positioning.
- Manage all company communications materials, such as web site, brochures, presentations, videos and press releases.
- Identify and develop marketing opportunities such as awards, conferences and speaking opportunities in Canada and internationally.
- Working with external PR support, identify, and develop PR opportunities, respond to media requests, and develop PR support materials.
- Track all media and blog coverage of General Fusion.
- Maintain database of corporate contacts and build relationships as appropriate.
- Work with others in the company to prepare documentation for a variety of purposes, such as communications with governments, investors, suppliers and other stakeholder groups.
- Assist with government funding proposals and the reporting thereon.
- Manage company site tours.
- Assist with internal corporate communications.
- Develop and manage social media strategy.
- Prior experience in developing and executing marketing communications, marketing strategy and media relations for energy/electricity industry or advanced technology organizations, and managing an external public relations firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with studies in marketing or communications.
- Background in science or engineering is an asset.
- Experience working in innovative, entrepreneurial or startup organizations is an asset.
- Strong interdisciplinary skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative.
- Skilled in using presentation and graphic design tools to develop communications materials, such as PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Web design and content management.