Scotiabank’s newly created Compliance Transformation Program Office (“TPO)” is seeking a talented Communications Content Manager professional to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Compliance Communications, the incumbent will join a dynamic, new team in an agile environment to support the creation and roll-out of the Bank’s Compliance Transformation Program Office (TPO) initiatives and Global Compliances Projects.
As the corporate storyteller, the Communications Content Manager will be an integral part of the Change and Communications team, working with directors, business leads, external partners, and Global Compliance executives to manage and execute strategic content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, brand and positive customer and stakeholder relationship.
This role will provide an incredible opportunity to build relationships with key decision makers across the Bank through a high degree of exposure to our Global Compliance Senior and Executive Leadership Teams.
The Communications Content Manager will think like a journalist/publisher, creating, curating, and assisting in publishing and measuring thought leadership materials and relevant multi-channel content, as well as content management for thought-leadership, speakers' bureau, executive leadership, and conference events. Specific content tactics include, but not limited to:
- Global Compliances leadership blogs and website
- Presentations and slide shows (internal and external)
- Infographics support (work with online resources, crowd source, internal communications department, etc.)
- Photo, video, and audio content library illustrative of our story
- Collateral materials, print and digital, to accompany presentations
- Digital platforms, including social media, podcasts, Slideshare, e-books, etc.
- Develop an evolving content strategy and editorial calendar that supports brand communication and marketing initiatives and campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Conduct ongoing analysis to gauge content effectiveness.
- Maintain corporate history and data library for presentations, media, and proposals.
- Coordinate production and editing of all internal and partner-contributed content, also repurposing content.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and all channels.
- Must be highly creative and an excellent writer with a curious nature and love of learning, but must also be process-driven and goal-oriented.
- Must have excellent interviewing/journalistic skills and understand evolving content channels and tools.
- Demonstrates experience with all forms of written collateral, ranging from creative conceptualization of ideas, to copywriting, to representation of customer-driven messages through multiple media types.
- Excellent proven written and verbal skills and a passion for writing that meets business goals
- Professional editing, proofreading, grammar, and language experience
- Commitment to detail
- Experience with creating diverse compelling, persuasive content for various demographics.
- Proficient use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Design and layout experience with Adobe Creative Suite required. Knowledge of additional presentation software desired.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills to manage editorial schedules, deadlines, and multiple concurrent projects within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- Responsiveness and ability to prioritize based on the most critical communications needs of the department.
- Successful candidate must be flexible and willing to embrace change and to adapt strategies for the good of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Editorial and educational mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Video editing/directing experience a plus