What is the opportunity?
As Manager, Communications, RBC Global Asset Management, your primary focus will be to support the (GAM) brand, profile and reputation by producing written content, and supporting media and public relations activities. You will also coordinate events and provide support for business and marketing initiatives.
What will you do?
- Support the RBC GAM Communications team in developing and executing all aspects of internal and external communications and public relations
- Produce and edit original written content for RBC GAM employees, stakeholders and external audiences. Written material includes press releases, reports, intranet articles, executive speaking notes, briefing materials, etc.
- Manage communications initiatives and projects in the areas of internal, executive and employee-focused communications.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of RBC GAM’s Intranet. Develop online content, features and visual design elements.
- Support RBC GAM Communications team members as required in the form of producing reports, presentation materials, media montoring, logistics, etc.
- Provide event management support and coordination for RBC GAM corporate and staff events.
- Provide direct ongoing advice and support to the VP, RBC GAM Communications and colleagues on the RBC GAM Communications team in developing and implementing materials and activities.
- Work directly with key senior leaders within RBC GAM (as well as other RBC Communication Partners) in developing and implementing communication activities.
- Work directly with external stakeholders and vendors (PR agencies, suppliers, event-related vendors, etc.)
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree or equivalent, with focus on Communications and/or Journalism
- Minimum of 5 years Business Communications Experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian asset management industry, including products (mutual funds, ETFs, etc.), services and trends
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Experience in the Asset Management Industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Challenging work
- Variety of assignments
- Financial strength and a strong brand
- Management that supports your work and progression
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information.
Application Deadline: 02/03/2017