Manager, Brand & Community (English Services) - TOR08923 full-time
Manager, Brand & Community (English Services) - TOR08923
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Toronto
Position Language: Requirement English Only
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Your role at CBC
Based in the Toronto area, we’re seeking a well-rounded marketing leader with an understanding of brand management and proven experience in building digital and social marketing campaigns.
The Manager of Brand and Community would bring energy, fresh ideas and a collaborative spirit to build best in class marketing campaigns that leverage one of Canada’s most recognized and respected brands.
This role is a key part of a small, but growing Brand Marketing team that’s a part of a dynamic and award-winning marketing and communications division.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working independently and in a highly collaborative team environment. You value diversity of thought and experience and strive to create a work culture that is highly collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
Perks you can look forward to at CBC:
- Flexible work schedules, allowing you to prioritize yourself, your family and your work;
- Hybrid work opportunities;
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up;
- Competitive total rewards package, including a world class Defined Benefit Pension Plan;
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development;
- Mentorship opportunities, where you can learn from the best in the industry and help coach new talent;
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions will be heard, valued and respected;
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity;
- An environment which favours collaboration, inclusion, creativity and innovation.
- Manage the integrated cross-functional go to market process for marketing campaigns to bring the brand story to life from ideation to brief to execution across all channels.
- Analyze industry trends and marketing best practices, translating ideas and research insights into measurable results.
- Lead cross-functional working teams across Marketing and Communications, regional operations, business and programming units, agencies and stakeholder groups to ideate, position and leverage the brand.
- Track performance of marketing programs and budget, gather consumer insights and analyze or evaluate program effectiveness.
- Drive a deep understanding of audience segments and insights to inform campaign planning.
- Prioritize and champion inclusivity by creating an environment that values different perspectives and fosters collaboration.
- Leads through influence at varying levels of the Corporation, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Provide direction to staff in order to achieve desired results. Advise, guide, and assess performance. Participate in discipline when required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Advertising or related discipline.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience delivering integrated marketing services, with proven experience in digital and social marketing.
- Relevant experience must include strategic account management including brand management, digital marketing, and paid advertising.
- Solid understanding of the media industry, CBC programming, competitors' activities and operations.
- Experience working with and leading external vendors and agency relationships.
- Knowledge of Canadian and global content.
- Successful at managing multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel on occasion as well as work long and/or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as per project requirements.
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.