The Lead User Experience is responsible for the design and development of engaging user experiences for their respective projects and products. They will need to build strong relationships with product management, development and other critical internal/external stakeholders to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance the user experience while still meeting business goals. They will also be responsible for mentoring and managing the day to day work flow for the UX team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with a multi-disciplinary team to successfully translate business objectives into innovative and best-in-class, user-centric solutions ensuring all project goals are met.
- Understand the user experience strategy for a product and drive the overall design solutions based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, delightfulness, business goals and time to market
- Be accountable for the delivery, quality, and success of the user experience for a product or business throughout the entire lifecycle, including optimization and innovation with new features
- Work collaboratively within an agile product team made up of product managers, engineers, and fellow UXers to deliver world-class product experiences through iterative releases
- Help your business owners, engineering managers and UX leadership evaluate success criteria and prioritize an efficient roadmap that balances short-term and longer-term experiences and focuses appropriately on the highest value opportunities
- Oversee and manage the daily work of a small team of interaction and visual designers, content and research specialists
- Act as the Sr. Design resource on the project as needed
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data from user research and business analysis to drive demonstrable improvements to design solutions
- Present your design methods, explorations, and trade-off rationale along with a recommendation to team partners, business stakeholders and UX leadership
- Evaluate competitive and innovative products and design approaches to identify best practices and encourage innovation
- Hold brainstorming and cross-product team collaboration sessions
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices across UX teams
- Mentor UX team and work with the Creative Director to build a training plan for new UX members
- Collaborates on user experience planning and usability research.
- Executes on information, interaction and visual design.
- Works with stakeholders and users to generate business and user requirements respectively.
- Translates requirements into design specifications with an emphasis on user experience while incorporating business and marketing needs.
- Develops flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes based on the requirements and specifications.
- Creates and enforces a consistent PNI branded look and feel.
- Creates and enforces consistent client brands in all client facing projects.
- Manages design projects through their entire lifecycle while maintaining deadlines.
- Juggles multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Skilled in user centric UX design and applications.
- Focuses on continuous education and skills development for the UX team.
- Reviews day-to-day tasks for design team.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical Degree.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a UX Design role with at least 2 years at senior level.
- Strong experience with fundamental user-centered, usability, and interaction design principles
- Advanced ability to conceive and document solutions through user flows, storyboards, wireframes, personas, prototypes, test cases, or written specifications and user stories
- Ability to articulate creative interactive solutions
- Solid visual design understanding with an awareness of the impact of typography, layout and composition, color theory, grid systems and use of photography
- Advanced concept skills and original thinking
- Ability to navigate in ambiguity, react quickly and comfortably to change, and drive clarity, actions and decisions
- Advanced proficiency in industry tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, or Axure
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute on information, interaction and visual design.
- Ability to translate complex information into user-friendly designs.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve.
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
- Previous agile experience
- Previous experience mentoring and leading teams