The Lead User Interface Designer is responsible for creating the visual components of the game, working with photography, typography, video, animation and copy. The Lead Interface Designer solves various user problems by creating elegant interfaces that clearly execute on design briefs while following user recommendations from various specialists within the game development team. The Lead Interface Designer will be responsible for owning and driving the interface design direction and plans in collaboration with the Art Director and Game Designer. They will also lead the Interface Design team in the execution of that vision for the game.
- Translate high level game vision into a compelling visual target for the UI.
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans.
- Lead the development of conceptual storyboards, mood boards, and interface demos to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and justify interface design direction/decisions to game designers and directors.
- Apply best practices in interaction and usability in the design process to ensure positive end user experiences.
- Partner with artists, engineers and designers in collaborative, small team environment.
- Help define and develop project objectives, implementing project milestones in conjunction with Producers and Game Directors.
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programmer implementation.
- Lead and mentor other designers to enable effective execution of project tasks.
- Work closely with design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look and feel.
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
- Design Portfolio demonstrating a proven track record for creating visually stunning and functional interfaces for games.
- 6+ years of professional experience working in interactive GUI design.
- Strong skills in graphic design; proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent eye for color, shape, composition and iconography.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Experience leading a team of interface designers through entire development cycles.
- Knowledge of motion/animation and how it is best applied to UI.
- Experience designing UI for varied control schemes and devices seen in games.
- Solid understanding of usability and key aspects of user centered design.
- Able to communicate and maintain consistent and compelling visual style.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Can effectively contribute in all stages and facets of UI production.
- Self-starter who works well with a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and budget.
- Dynamic problem solver.
- Organized, Accountable, Collaborative.
- Passion for playing video games.
- Able to mentor and lead through others.
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles