Groundbreaking user experiences shape consumer products, and BMC is bringing that degree of transformation to enterprise IT software. It all starts with a deep appreciation for great design and an unwavering focus on our users. These new IT experiences rethink traditionally complex business processes through context-aware capabilities, social collaboration, and cross-device mobility.
As a Lead Interaction Designer, you will be an integral part of an agile and fast-growing team shaping this transformation. We are looking for designers who think big and are inspired by tackling longstanding challenges in enterprise software. You will work with the internal BMC UX team, visual designers, engineers, product managers, and even customers to iteratively design views and interactions for our new products. A strong working knowledge of user-centered design processes is critical to your success. You must have an eye for detail and a thorough understanding of modern interaction design principles and methods.
What We Are Looking For:
- Work in a cross-functional team of interaction designers, visual designers, and user researchers.
- Develop and maintain design mockups that illustrate interactions and address key user flows.
- Employ creative strategies to solve user interaction challenges.
- Innovate and push creative boundaries on a daily basis.
- Translate user research findings into elegant, effective interfaces.
- Interpret and extend design principles and user pattern libraries to new interfaces.
- Collaborate with engineers, development leads, product architects, product managers, marketing specialists, and user interface writers to explain designs and answer questions.
- Make iterative changes to interface designs in response to customer feedback.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience designing interactive user experiences for products that have launched.
- Expert knowledge of interaction design trends on the Web.
- Self-starter with comfort bringing clarity to sometimes ambiguous design requirements.
- Ability to deliver timely and constructive feedback on visual designs.
- Expert skills using the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience designing native apps and interactions on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
- A voracious appetite for design blogs, books, podcasts, and conferences.
- Exposure to IT service delivery processes at call centers and/or within IT support teams.