Lead Marketing Strategist full-time
Consider yourself a trailblazer when it comes to marketing and communications? Would your employers describe you as innovative, detail-oriented and strategic? Have experience leading teams in an account management setting? If so, we’d like to meet you.
The BCIT Marketing and Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time Lead Marketing Strategist. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, this position supervises the marketing strategist team responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies and the promotion of institutional marketing products and services. The lead strategist oversees workflow, assignment of duties, manages projects and special initiatives, and provides coaching and guidance to the marketing strategist team. In addition, this position works closely with an assigned customer portfolio within the institute community and acts as a key liaison between Marketing and Communications, the schools, and service departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, provides leadership and input to decision making, systems changes and organizational change that may affect portfolio assignments.
- Coaches and mentors strategist team members and takes a leadership role in resolving issues that may arise in day to day operations with the guidance of the Manager, Marketing and Communications
- Takes a proactive role in reviewing, streamlining and designing new business processes to meet the demands and changing priorities of the department.
- Assesses, analyzes and supports the implementation of newly developed products and services which may include the development of and/or revisions to departmental processes plus related training initiatives.
- Provides direction and influences clients on marketing and communication options, processes, various advertising strategies and/or innovative marketing techniques that can be utilized to promote and attract attention in a competitive marketplace.
- Works on activities related to marketing and communications strategies and tactics: development of strategic marketing plans; digital marketing; advertising (traditional and digital); web content strategy; institute flagship publications; brochures and collateral, etc.
- Initial, first-pass review of marketing and communications projects in production to ensure it is on message and on brand.
- Develops and makes recommendations on marketing KPI scorecards in collaboration with their client, and is responsible for proactively reporting and recommending strategic adjustments when required.
- Coordinates monthly Customer Accounts meetings and takes a lead in agenda setting including brainstorming sessions, peer knowledge sharing and inviting internal experts for cross-collaborative innovation.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area with a focus on marketing and/or communications, plus completion of additional course work, training and workshops relevant to the position.
- Two years general experience plus up to eight years of practical current experience in a similar position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have supervisory experience including providing performance feedback and conflict resolution within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective, strategic and measurable marketing plans.
- MS Office at the intermediate level.
- Working knowledge and use of CMS Marqui and Google Analytics.
- Presentation software at a professional level.
- Experience using project management software – e.g. Basecamp.
- Superb oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to coach, direct and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in handling projects and project teams from inception to completion.
- Experience in trafficking team-scale project assignments, employing best practices and tools for clear and streamlined workflows.
- Ability to manage expectations in a multi-reporting, complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead, and participate in a team.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to engage staff and customers.
- Proven problem solving and decision making ability.
- Must be adaptable to rapid change.
- Ability to work extended hours when required and participate in special events on behalf of the department.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
START DATE: June 3, 2019.
SALARY RANGE: Grade 10; $57,734 with yearly increments to $62,646 per annum.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 19B175.
OPEN DATE: May 11, 2019.
CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2019.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.