Who is MacLaren McCann?
Maclaren McCann Canada Inc. is a multi-disciplined integrated advertising agency that is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. which is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have a staff of over 450 employees and offices throughout the country. MacLaren McCann has continuously been ranked in the top three agencies in Canada since it began in 1922. Some of our clients include General Motors, Nestle, MasterCard, Wendy's Restaurants of Canada Inc., Kraft Canada, Movie Central, Peller Estates, Bayer Crop Science, Imperial Oil, Orange Julius, Dairy Farmers of Canada, Blockbuster, World Vision and Coca-Cola Canada Ltd.
We are, simply, purveyors of Truth Well Told. We are miners of human insight and weavers of stories that transcend any specific medium to touch a nerve, spark a conversation, and elicit a response. We are committed, fearless and boundary-breaking. Our vision is simple…to be the very best multi-disciplined advertising agency in North America. We know that the best work comes from the best place in the best people.
As the junior Copy writer you will assist in developing brand communication solutions by assisting in the execution of the agencies creative on the advertising writing projects assigned.
- Keep the senior copywriter up to date on all assigned projects
- Generate solid creative ideas with an art director
- Occasionally work with researches or interview subjects as the project demands
- Attend & participate in internal briefings or check terminology as requested, making note of all key task to be implemented by you
- Learn the standards of mass advertising (TV, radio, print)
- Execute dynamic ad copy for all assignment clients using vivid language & examples appropriate to the client’s needs
- Write economically; including a complete benefit oriented selling message without extraneous embellishments
- Present creative work internally and to client ( as requested) in a compelling and dynamic manner
- Ensure all pertinent details are in the copy deck including headers & cover sheets
- Seek out your Group Creative Director for background information, clarification or additional assignments
- Ensure that all timesheets are completed accurately
- Proof files & mechanicals for missing copy, version accuracy etc.
- Maintain project schedules
- Organize personal work time effectively; ensuring all members have the necessary time to review copy decks and proofs
- Build positive working relationships with team members and other departments
- Contribute to building a positive agency culture
- B.A Degree in English or Diploma of Copywriting Program
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Portfolio demonstrating the creative and strategic thinking skills required
- Experience in an agency an asset
- Solid interpersonal skills and well organized
- Must be a team player
Does this sound like you?
Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Is this the job that you were born to do? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing advertising agency?