airG is a pioneer in the mobile software industry having released its first mobile application in 2000. Since then the company's products and services have been used by over 100 million consumers globally, generating more than $1 billion in revenues.
Though we have grown to be a multi-national corporation with a strong balance sheet - we remain true to our formative entrepreneurial roots. Our commercial success comes through financing our teams to take big risks - and challenging them to work in small autonomous groups to solve complex problems. Each product team is supported by seasoned sales, creative, legal, and business development teams maximizing the probability of commercial success. At airG, we are not afraid of building products that may fail - we're more afraid of missing opportunities by not trying.
Do you feel like you are destined to be part of something big? Do you have endless ideas for innovative high tech products? Are you constantly scrutinizing the design of every object and service you come in contact? Do you crave working in a small team with like minded individuals designing and developing the next big thing? If so, you could be airG’s next Jr. Product Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for the interactive design of one of airG’s latest products, working hand in hand with our Mobile Developers and with our in-house Creative Team for the look and feel of airG’s online presence (including, but not limited to, desktop web, mobile web and mobile applications).
- Design and create storyboards, wireframes, and specifications to guide development.
- Work closely with development team as a key product management liaison
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical and business constraints.
- Continuously explore and propose new products and features.
- Conduct research on design trends, competitors, etc.
- 4+ years of professional experience in product design.
- Post secondary education in interactive design, marketing, business administration, information technology or an equivalent program.
- Knowledgeable in mobile technology products and services.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, not necessarily in a leadership position.
- Cross-Platform (desktop, mobile web and native) product design experience.
- Strong understanding of UI challenges for mobile and ability to design effective mobile experiences.
- Experience interacting on a collaborative agile team and working directly with developers to implement designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to gracefully defend your design decisions.
- Ability to be nimble and working within a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Advanced knowledge of common authoring tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, OmniGraffle etc.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits plan with a flexible wellness program, and staff purchase plan for mobile devices like Android, iPhone and Blackberry.