At Article we are re-engineering the furniture shopping experience to deliver remarkable value. Our unique, direct-to-consumer model allows us to deliver high quality original modern furniture at a fraction of the cost of traditional retailers, and this is winning us fans and customers at a tremendous rate. We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our corporate HQ in Vancouver.
As part of Article's Creative Team, you will work closely with the Senior Designer, Brand and Social Media to support the execution of designed materials for internal and marketing purposes. We are seeking a dependable, self-motivated person who can handle a fast-paced environment and produce strong work efficiently.
This is a junior graphic position mainly responsible for creating designs into production-ready print and digital files. The right candidate enjoys executing established designs across a variety of applications and hopefully has a genuine interest in interiors, decor and furniture design.
- Creating internal documents following established brand styles, sometimes using established templates
- Editing and cropping ready-to-publish social media files, as prescribed by the Sr. Designer
- Designing branded promotional materials
- Creating assets for marketing needs (events, promotions and communication materials)
- Other tasks as they arise
This position will handle multiple projects; organizational skills, the ability to juggle priorities and quickly switch between projects is a must. Please apply with a sample of work or a link to your portfolio.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- An exceptional sense of typography, design, color, and visual impact
- Ability to typeset copy following established styles and brand standards
- Photo editing and colour-correcting abilities, with a strong sense of composition
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and capable of multitasking
- Ability to create technical line illustrations is an asset
- Design Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Past experience designing for a well-known brand is an asset
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. We strive to help our customers spend less and live more, and we want to do the same for our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A comprehensive benefits package (after a 3 month probationary period).
- Significant discounts on our beautiful products to help decorate your home. We also extend discounts to your friends and family.
- Regular fun, extracurricular activities - we are open to suggestions from the whole team, so come armed with some ideas!
- A regularly stocked kitchen full of delicious things to eat and drink.