Nature and Scope of Work
The Centre for International Experience, known as the CIE, is responsible for the internationalization of Capilano University including the promotion, recruitment, admission, transition and retention of international students from around the world as well as creating opportunities for students, faculty and employees to engage in international experiences.
The International Communications Specialist (ICS) combines their excellent writing and technical skills to develop and maintain communications associated with the CIE's International Student Enrollment Management (I-SEM) process to convert and retain international students from prospect to alumni. Such communications may include, but are not limited to the development of print materials, newsletters, forms, website content and social media. As well, the speciation creates standardized communications for customer/client relationship management using the department's customer relationship management (CRM) tool. The incumbent ensures CIE communications are current, culturally sensitive, utilize simple English and maintain adherence to the university brand.
The ICS will be the CIE customer relationship management (CRM) super user and have oversight of the departments' CRM tool and will also create and maintain communications strategies for current and future contact types such as prospective students, applicants, current students and alumni as well as agents, international school counselors and other import CIE networks. The ICS will also participate in other project work that relates to the department's student recruitment and retention efforts.
The position works closely with all members of the CIE team and reports to the Director, Centre for International Experience.
- Under the direction of the Director, CIE; works as the customer relationship management (CRM) super user and is responsible for user authorities, data integrity, report writing, communications design and scheduling, template development and other CRM related duties including training other team members on the use of the CRM tool.
- Works with the Director, CIE or their delegate to create a CRM communications strategy for each international customer (contact) type including creating the message, artwork/design, and delivery methods including the website, social media, newsletters, e-mail, photos and other mass communications approaches.
- Designs and creates CIE communications for dissemination through the CIE's CRM tool that aim to build and maintain a relationship with each CIE contact type.
- Creates a communications schedule and ensures automation of the schedule within the CRM aimed at building and maintaining relationships with each contact type.
- Supports the efficiency goals of the department by creating forms, letters and other templates that interact with the CRM tool. Ensure forms, letters and templates are tested prior to being put into production.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the education system in BC, international education systems and Capilano University programs, services and activities.
- Considerable knowledge of the international education sector and education marketing, recruitment and retention strategies and international student enrollment management (I-SEM).
- Thorough knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to international students and the international student office.
- Excellent technical skills including the use of the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); BANNER or a similar integrated student information system/database; and the ability and interest in learning new applications.
- Experience using design Adobe products like Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator and dissemination tools Constant Contact, Outlook or similar design and dissemination tools.
- Demonstrated experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) or similar enterprise planning software tools.
- Excellent communications skills with an entrepreneurial and customer service orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of developing and implementing a communication plans, including the use of CRM tools, integration to digital engagement (social media) and other tools that support virtual meetings, promotions and webinars.
- Excellent writing skills, demonstrative use of simple English and the creation of culturally sensitive materials or communications.
Ability to translate complex information and constructs into simple compelling information and stories.
- High degree of attention to details including substantive editing (approach) and grammar (brevity/style/tone) and proofreading. Familiarity with CP style and working in house style guides.
- Thorough knowledge of leading CRM or enterprise management tools and social media platforms and how these can be leveraged effectively in communications strategies, including monitoring tools, metrics, and analytics and optimization techniques.
- Demonstrated appreciation for brand strategy and the importance of adhering to a university wide brand strategy.
- Ability to multi-task, apply organizational skills to meet deadlines, use problem solving skills, work well in teams and with colleagues and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise independence, judgment, initiative, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and employees within the University community and with a variety of international contacts.
- May have the opportunity to travel off campus to facilitate international student recruitment activities domestically or internationally.
- Demonstrated skills in the field of cross cultural communications.
- Demonstrated skills in a field where a high degree of customer service is required.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of a two year diploma in a relevant field to this position.
- Two years' work experience in a marketing, communications or public relations role which included CRM and social media responsibility; or similar experience that can be directly applied to this position.
- Reading, writing and speaking fluency in English and in another language consistent with current department language needs to support communications with current target recruitment markets or international student enrolments.
Closing Date: 07-22-2016