Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services, and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
We are hiring an Internal Communications Specialist in our Guelph office and are looking for you. You’re a great fit if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
- Act as the project lead for the employee intranet and drive continuous improvement focusing on user experience, platform management, training, governance and support
- Produce creative, customized communication programs and vehicles such as print and digital publications, campaigns and other tools to engage, inform and inspire our internal audiences and support the various divisions of Homewood
- Work closely with the HR team to promote and deliver key initiatives
- Ownership of content and editorial direction for the intranet news streams, newsletter and other communication vehicles
- Responsible for setting and delivering various communication and engagement initiatives such as town hall, communications network partner, etc.
- Measure and evaluate employee communication deliverables and identify opportunities for continuous development
- Act as an advisor to the Senior Management and Executive team for organizational communication writing and planning
- Chair the Communication network partner group
- Owns and develops internal communications policies and procedures across the organization
What we are looking for
- Bachelors in Communications, Business, Journalism, English or related field
- Two plus years’ experience in internal or corporate communications or marketing
- Experience with delivering communication initiatives in a national or multi-location organization, with diverse employee groups
- Strategic thinker and creative communicator, able to interact with and understand the needs of different stakeholders in a variety of locations and time zones
- Strong consulting skills, with sound judgment and the ability to make quick decisions
- Experience in managing employee intranets or other content management system, specifically administration of pages, workflows, permissions, content owners, etc.
- Writing and editing skills in a variety of styles and voices, with experience in content development for business, marketing, online and internal vehicles
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills. French skills will be a strong asset.
- Experience or ability to work with remote teams and management across Canada
- Experience in health care, treatment centre or other medical/clinical environment would be an asset as well as experience in an unionized environment
- Strong proficiency with technology including MS Office, HTML, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop etc.) and social media
Why Work For Us
We are driven by our values and a passion for helping people improve their lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities, to name a few.
Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join Homewood Health™ and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.