At exp, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
Exp, a global engineering and architecture firm, is seeking an Intermediate Marketing / Proposal / Administrative Support Person to join our dynamic team in the Burnaby office. We are looking for a results-oriented, energetic and creative team member with a positive attitude. The team is supported with leadership and direction to help grow those interested in a career specific to the Engineering industry. There is opportunity to work in numerous markets with a focus on earth & environment, buildings engineering and materials engineering and testing.
Search and monitor online opportunity sources, track opportunities; direct leads to appropriate leader for investigation and follow-up
- Develop and coordinate proposals from long lead to RFP including analyze requirements, kick-off meetings with Project Managers, coordinating proposal pieces (written and graphic), reviewing content and handling production and delivery
- Develop and maintain support material such as resumes, project sheets, images, testimonials
- Assist Project Managers in the coordination and execution of Projects
- Assist/edit/format reports, memos, specifications and other forms of document production
Perform standard administrative functions including but not limited to data entry, copying, collating, filing, document retrieval, information gathering, word processing, insurance requests; provide back-up support for other admins, front desk and divisions, as necessary
The Skills, Knowledge, and Ability We Seek
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or journalism is preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry
Experience in the engineering, consulting or construction industry is an asset
Knowledge of the SMPS Domains of Practice is an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe skills
- Experience with InDesign an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
Must have strong editing and proofreading ability including grammar and sentence structure
Ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical
Excellent time management and organizational skills and all around winning attitude
Some overtime may be required
What exp Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, exp provides professional, technical and strategic services related to the world’s built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of exp’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice in northern Ontario. Today, close to 3,000 creative exp professionals across North America and around the globe provide the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at exp that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what exp has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.