We are looking for an Intermediate Digital Project Manager to join our fast growing Project Management Office (PMO).
You are a digital project manager who has repeatedly proven your ability to deliver, on time and on budget projects ranging from simple to complex. Proactive, knowledgeable and keenly organized, you thrive in a leadership role and know how to get things done; you collaborate respectfully with client partners, effectively galvanize contributing teams, author documents with ease – and you have the skills and experience to manage milestones through challenging conditions to contain scope and ensure project specifications are met. You don’t mind putting that extra bit of effort in to get a project completed on time, and you are excited by change.
Ariad is a strategic digital marketing agency working with some of Canada’s leading brands in financial services, CPG, health care, automotive, and telecommunications. Our work is wide-ranging and includes application and web site builds, CRM/lead nurture/email, print work, content development, activation programs, and social media execution.
You will be responsible for:
- Initiating: probing client objectives and mandatories to develop appropriate solutions; facilitating the creation of project briefs; outputting or overseeing PM documents including business requirements, project workflows, feature scope lists and future priorities; accurately forecasting resource utilization; providing cost estimates.
- Planning: determining skill and resource requirements and assisting in the assembly of project teams; establishing tasks, sequence, milestones and dependencies; creating work-back schedules; and other PM plans
- Executing: guiding cross-functional teams including meaningful collaboration and consultation as required; actively monitoring and managing scope, schedule, budget and risk to foresee issues and manage stakeholder expectations; supervising technical vendor relationships and deliverables
- Monitor & Controlling: developing or overseeing QA & QC plans, change requests, budget control; ensuring timely and consistent project reporting.
- Closing: leading post-mortem analysis; closing contracts and vendor relationships; overseeing the archival of project files.
As an Intermediate PM, you will closely manage relationships with a range of clients, vendors and partners, ensuring top-quality service and delivery throughout – and beyond – project-based engagements. You will:
- Be both the ‘client champion’ and the ‘project champion’.
- Ensure the client perspective permeates all aspects of the project and is communicated internally.
- Facilitate walkthroughs of requirements and design documents with client and project teams.
- Level communications to ensure the target audience is meaningfully supported or informed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, advising as required on all issues that relate to the scope of the agency’s engagement or expertise.
As a member of the PMO you will help strengthen and enhance the practice within the agency. This includes:
- Adopting, modeling, enforcing and otherwise contributing to the overall improvement and quality of Ariad’s processes, particularly project management.
- Ensuring satellite team members (including creative, technical, and strategy) understand and execute against project management best-practices.
- Recognizing areas for internal process and practice improvement and working with the senior project management team to implement and communicate change.
You must have:
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in managing multiple digital projects ranging from simple to complex
- Ability to translate complex concepts verbally and in writing, levelling communications appropriately to meaningfully inform the target audience.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field.
It would be nice to have:
- Experience working in a marketing/advertising agency environment.
- Working towards professional certifications such as PMP, CSM, or ITIL.
- An interest and aptitude for analytics.
- Knowledge of e-mail/CRM marketing.