Shoppers Drug Mart is a leader in retail and pharmacy and is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canada. With an extensive network of over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores to service the needs of Canadians, we have a presence in each province and three territories and are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada. Every day, we proudly serve Canadians who believe that being healthy means looking and feeling good.
Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what’s needed for our patients and customers.
We are hiring an Interactive Design Lead
You are an exceptionally talented designer with a passion for design, a well-rounded background in creative and conceptual solutions, and are excited about the opportunity to help shape the digital footprint of one of Canada’s leading retailers. As our lead Interactive Design Lead, you are the day-to-day go-to person for initiating, creating and executing designs for our digital media channels (web, email, mobile, social, and in-store digital screens) as well as producing digital media ad units to support external marketing campaigns. You are excellent at verbally rationalizing your designs and you welcome feedback and collaboration as a natural part of the creative process. Integration and innovation are key.
- Create interactive design concepts for Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Home Health Care and Murale digital touchpoints including branded websites, emails, mobile applications and sites, social media presences and in-store digital screens
- Develop digital-specific graphics, animations, icons, style sheets, color schemes, templates and layouts, ensuring brand and brand attributes are represented consistently across multiple applications and experiences
- Embrace and champion a collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to tough design questions and issues; offer multiple options and alternatives to interface and interaction challenges
- Bring a thoughtful, intelligent and objective approach to interface designs and be willing to collaborate and adjust concepts as needed
- Act as liaison to external agencies, providing working files and direction for digital animation both online and in-store
- Trouble shoot and solution issues when dealing with external agencies
- Provide QA with supplied artwork to ensure files are to spec
- Produce creative elements and ad units to support branded presences and media campaigns
- Provide support for the Murale.ca and beautyBOUTIQUE.ca online sales channels to ensure that they remains current and reflects both online and in-store initiatives and campaigns.
Team and Department
- Build and maintain a collaborative team rapport with various teams inside Marketing, IT and business lines. Positively contribute towards increasing the digital knowledge and cohesiveness within the Marketing group.
- Manage tight timelines and set priorities to ensure all files get posted on time, on brand and on budget.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
This position requires a strong team player that is committed to business results and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and interfacing with all levels within an organization. As the Interactive Designer, this position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- A solid skill set in quality design, digital media and the entire design and production process from concept to production, including developing wireframes, mock ups, designing and building
- Ability to understand and translate a marketing/strategic briefs into engaging creative projects, understanding that communications strategy drives good design are critical characteristics
- Ability to visualize, build and create solutions, including translation of wireframes into visual designs
- Thrive on creative business challenges with ability to think outside-the-box and boundaries, with ability to switch quickly between several projects driving them from start to completion to help guide production processes and setting best practice standards.
- Proficient within PC and MAC environments with advanced knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) as well as Flash and Dreamweaver in the PC environment
- Effective communication (oral and written), administratively strong (scheduling, time management, budgeting) and the ability to work under pressure are a must, as this is a deadline-driven business.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and partnerships
- Strong attention to detail
Education & Job Knowledge:
- A certificate, degree or diploma in graphic design and / or desktop publishing
- Qualified candidates will have 5+ years interactive design experience (Experience working on e-com sites is a bonus)
- Proficiency in all industry standard software programs: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) Adobe Acrobat, and Mac OSX system
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.