The Communications Services Branch is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, motivated IT professional with strong leadership and outstanding technical skills.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide leadership and strategic expertise in front end web and information architecture
- create quality innovative designs
- plan, design, develop and provide digital design expertise to internal and external clients
- establish and lead communications network with ministry program areas and senior management
- provide team leadership to ministry staff engaged in uploading communications content
- implement, track and assess performance benchmarks for measuring program effectiveness
Location: Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge and experience in the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards and industry conventions and etiquette
- you have knowledge of current and emerging trends in interactive design, UI/UX, development and other Internet terminologies
- you have knowledge and experience with word processing, databases, project management tools/software, digital multimedia production (audio and video), digital image and graphic production and editing
- you have knowledge of principles and techniques of large-scale communications within digital media applications and tools, communication theory, methods, techniques and practices in digital production, web design, content development and graphics
- you have experience with database and database architecture and Drupal system, Wordpress, Github, digital media design, tools, development frameworks, social media applications, media editing software, Photo Impact, audio recording/editing software, graphic layout and presentation tools, video editing software, web-based editing software, project management tools and MS Office products
Team Leadership Skills:
- you have leadership skills to influence internal and external clients and provide digital communication expertise in a fast-paced environment
- you have leadership skills to provide expertise to staff and keep them up to date on latest movements within the industry
- you have ability to work as part of a team
- you have programming and design skills to design, develop and maintain corporate web products
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you have research and analytical skills to identify and assess the implications of new media/digital applications, trends and potential opportunities
- you have strategic thinking and analytical skills to assess digital/web usage and identify information gaps and areas for improvement
- you have problem-solving skills to assess and resolve issues quickly in a fast-paced environment
- you have evaluative skills to develop and recommend strategies to modernize and improve service delivery
Communication and Presentation Skills:
- you have oral communication skills to liaise with clients, stakeholders and service providers and provide committee input and give presentations
- you have written communication skills to write and edit communication materials for public display on web/web-enabled applications
• Please include in your resume, URLs to three online digital samples of projects you have contributed to.
Salary range: $1,382.53 – $1,723.51 per week
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.