STEMCELL Technologies Inc is a privately-owned biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life sciences research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products and ancillary reagents. We have over 400 science-oriented employees, including 100 PhDs/MScs, with the majority of our other employees holding a BSc or engineering degree. Our goal is to create novel, useful, high quality, standardized products to facilitate cancer and related healthcare research. We see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists”, standing by our customers around the globe to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, STEMCELL now delivers over 1500 products to more than 70 countries worldwide.
Currently we have an opening for an Inbound Marketing Specialist. This position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the daily SEM and SEO management and optimization efforts to ensure ranking highly in search engines, driving relevant traffic and conversions.
- Maintaining and expanding STEMCELL's social media presence.
- Assisting with execution of online campaigns and new online initiatives to drive traffic and conversions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute and optimize numerous Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns including keyword research/selection, targeting, ad content and management, campaign set-up, testing, growth, etc.
- Execute and optimize retargeting campaigns.
- Execute and optimize display advertising campaigns.
- Support the implementation of SEO initiatives and key processes and functions such as competitive keyword research and expansion, content optimization, page & keyword selection strategy, both on and off page optimization elements, etc.
- Keep current in latest trends in SEM and SEO and test new offerings/technologies where appropriate.
- Coordinate social media campaigns and day-to-day activities (monitoring, responding, etc).
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis to identify key trends, monitor performance, and manage optimization. Prepare reports on all activities to communicate performance to management to aid decision-making, provide insights and recommendations.
- Support other online marketing projects and tasks to drive traffic and conversions.
- University degree in marketing/communications or a quantitative field (mathematics, computer science).
- Experience or education in life sciences, biotechology or related field highly desirable.
- Minimum 2+ years of search marketing experience including paid search and organic search engine optimization, with experience across multiple geos and devices.
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint. Google Adwords Certification a plus.
- Understanding of SEO best practices, web architecture and basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Strong understanding of major search engine algorithms.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Ability to work and think independently while taking ownership of projects to ensure they are fully implemented with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Outstanding data analysis skills and a passion to extract insights to drive program performance. Ability to apply analytical mind and problem solving skills towards developing actionable reports and optimization strategies.
- Strong general computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in Excel is critical, especially building reports with pivot tables and formulas.