Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The High School Events and Promotions Coordinator is a key member of the VFS Events and Promotions team, under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing. The High School Events and Promotions Coordinator will cultivate relationships with High Schools, Teachers, Career Counselors, and Principals, to deliver high school specific modules. These include traveling to high schools to deliver presentations, in addition to coordinating domestic events such as tours, trade shows, career fairs, demonstrations, and/or workshops for students, parents and faculty to be held at VFS or on location at high schools.
The goal of the High School Events and Promotions Coordinator will be to create strong awareness of and promote VFS programs with the intent of increasing leads and enrollments from High School students. A key component of this role is to develop and grow a Provincial and National High School strategic plan.
- Work with the VFS Events and Promotions Team, under the supervisor of the Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing, to identify opportunities and develop a provincial and notional High School strategy for VFS.
- Initiate first contact with High Schools and/or be introduced to existing relationships to create High School profile and identify the appropriate contact to schedule VFS activities.
- Schedule and attend a minimum of six (6) events per calendar year per High School to be held at VFS or on location. The expectation is to deliver at least 4 events a week.
- Deliver inspiring, informative, and engaging presentations to students, parents and faculty in order to generate leads and enrollments.
- Promote VFS program offerings, Excellence in Media Scholarship Series, and other VFS initiatives.
- Create, maintain and track all contact records and communications in VFS
- Track all communications with stakeholders using VFS customer relationship management software.
- Maintain the VFS brand standard for material and content delivery and/or tradeshow booth setup where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager and/or Director of Marketing.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration with a minimum of two years of sales, marketing and/or promotional experience.
- Experience in film and television, event planning is an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft, Salesforce) is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are required.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Requires frequent travel within BC and on occasion, nationally. May also require occasional weekend work. Flexibility in hours and travel is required.
- Owns a vehicle and valid BC driver license is required.