BBTV is looking for a smart, driven Marketing Leader to execute a comprehensive, unified marketing strategy within our hyper-growth media and technology environment.
This individual will oversee BBTV's marketing strategy supporting BBTV departments, BBTV stakeholders, promote our products and services, add value to partners, build brands, communities, and engagement. Our ideal candidate is experienced and passionate about marketing in the digital and online video landscape and will remain motivated to position BBTV as a visionary leader.
- Develop annual marketing strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve corporate goals and supporting the company growth
- Manage multi-faceted Marketing department in the functional areas of Content Marketing, Design & Websites, Social & Video.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to inform and update the marketing team’s approach in execution of the marketing plan on an on an going basis
- Drive marketing innovation by identifying, prioritizing and driving execution of new growth opportunities effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that brand and product marketing programs are consistent with brand positioning, marketing strategies, and messaging objectives and are cohesively integrated across all customer touch points
- Work alongside the Product team on planning and execution of product launches
- Take responsibility for the creative, effectiveness and accuracy of BBTV's website assets
- Develop the integrated marketing plan and programs that define the promotional strategy across all media and channels
- Oversee and further help implement social media strategy and innovation to increase brand engagement, and content distribution
- Ensure all marketing activities are aimed to support BBTV corporate goals
- Create positive company recognition, reputation, and acclaim through all marketing efforts
- Provide input and support, from Marketing perspective to BBTV's CEO and leadership team in supporting the company growth
- Build strong working relationships with key cross-functional departments so that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and short-term business objectives
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team including coaching, driving individual and team success, 1 on 1 meetings, reviewing performance, inter-company communication and removing barriers to success
- Foster an overall culture of enthusiasm, engagement and high performance that consistently exceeds the expectations of employees, customers, and shareholders
- BBA or B.Com preferred, ideally with concentration in marketing or business – or comparable, relevant and progressive senior level experience
- Minimum 8- 10 years’ experience in marketing and digital media with 3-5 of those years in a senior management position
- Exceptional track record for implementing marketing strategies that have exceeded planned objectives
- Deep understanding of the digital media, and online video space
- Expert understanding and application of digital marketing activities such as SEO, SEM, advertising, social growth, website optimization, email list building, lead-generation/nurturing and conversion funnels
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and apps marketing
- Remarkable communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, forecasting and ability to maintain budget
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong project management and performance management skills
- Comfortable working with change, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization; must be able to articulate a vision and develop and deliver supporting marketing plans
This role will be located in our head office in Vancouver, Canada. We are open to all applicants who would value the opportunity to work at the head office of a global company in one of the most desirable cities to live in the world.
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
Our state-of-the-art open concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play. From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the largest multi-platform network globally and also the third largest video property worldwide (behind only Google and Facebook), and have built digital networks alongside the likes of the NBA and The Huffington Post. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let’s talk!