Lead our marketing team in identifying and connecting North American markets with our kick-as coffee.
Who Are We?
We’ve been making kick-ass coffee for nearly 25 years.
We’re Canada’s #1 selling Whole Bean coffee. All our coffee is 100% Organic and Fairtrade, roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains smack dab in the middle of nowhere.
And it’s not just our coffee that’s good. We were named the Best Workplace in Canada by Great Place to Work in 2018. We work hard & have fun. That’s how we roll. It’s part of how we wake up the world.
Who Are You?
You want to wake up the world with us. You’re probably a bit of a smart ass. Charging bravely into uncharted territory doesn’t scare you, it fires you up. Planning is your forte. Strategy your ally. But your secret weapon is your attitude and communication. First and foremost, this role is about leading. You are responsible for building and sustaining the marketing team’s energy and enthusiasm for one of Canada’s most trusted and rapidly growing brands. You are people oriented, caring and passionate about connections. You are capable of holding multiple perspectives. You can perceive the big picture from 30,000 ft. And can get down in the gravel and get your hands dirty.
You have a proven track record of growing brands, growing teams and improving profitability in a commercial marketing role. You’re a strategic marketer with a strength in consumer marketing and experience with fast growth companies!
What Will You Do?
You will lead a dynamic team in the evaluation, development, and implementation of innovative strategic market growth initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing North America and sitting on and contributing to the Senior Leadership Team, you will work to further develop our fiercely loyal customer base.
OK. Let’s get specific, this role will be responsible for the following.
- Design marketing strategies to contribute to Kicking Horse Coffee’s overall business growth.
- Account for all aspects of the marketing mix including brand, new product development, trade marketing, communications, packaging and digital.
- Communicate and work with leaders across the company to develop our forward-looking marketing strategy.
- Develop and measure key success metrics for the company and your marketing team of six.
- Work with brand partners to align on the structure, messaging, content and delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Foster an ambitious culture that challenges status quo, and spots unconventional opportunities for consumer and trade marketing.
- Support shopper marketing to build communication, awareness and roll out plans for in-store marketing programs and initiatives.
- Manage external agency partners and major sponsorship opportunities to ensure relationships are maximizing their potential and generating the expected return on investment.
- Use data to assess ROI concerning promotion effectiveness, shifts in consumer behavior, long term market trends and marketing initiatives.
- Identify future marketing opportunities through the understanding and alignment of consumer, brand, category and technical insights.
- Develop and manage marketing assets.
- Develop and be accountable for the annual marketing budget.
- Promote entrepreneurial thinking and creative problem-solving to bring forward and execute new and innovative marketing tactics.
- 10 years of progressively senior product and market experience in a related industry with 5 years in CPG or related industry, and at least 5 years of marketing leadership.
- Experience in digital marketing management.
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment with cross functional teams, with a focus on supporting the sales team and our customers.
- Demonstrated experience owning brand management and developing, communicating and executing unconventional, integrated, multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Strong track record with brand positioning, new product development, consumer support campaigns, promotional program development and product launches.
- Proactively identify and address potential opportunities and risk gaps through analytics.
- Ability to establish key marketing priorities utilizing a data-driven and consumer insights approach.
- Experience with Nielsen reporting and analyzing current business and competitive trends.
- Strong working knowledge of the North American or global market would be highly valued.
- An undergraduate degree required, ideally in business. MBA or other advanced degree considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- People-centric personality, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity combined with strong leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
- The ability to take decisive action. With imperfect information. Within a growing business. With very high standards.
- Analytical, agile and able to drive change in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to translate ideas into action.
- A passion for Kicking Horse Coffee’s values and commitment to community.
A competitive, experience-based compensation package with benefits will be provided.