Employment Type: Regular
Unposting Date: Mar 24, 2015, 11:59:00 PM
The role is a Senior role in the Retail Distribution segment reporting into the Head of Direct Banking.
The role holder is responsible for the implementation of the Group digital strategy in the local market. The role has overall accountability for the implementation and management of propositions in direct channel distribution including the Public web site, mobile and Personal Internet Banking, prioritizing activities through the Canadian Digital Steerco made up of Head of CVM, Head of Marketing and Head of Direct. The role also has a responsibility to establish excellent working relationships across Group, Region and within market.
Accountability for the development and deployment of execution plans for the management of the Digital Channel business driving Digital performance and commercialization activities. Actively drive low value transaction into the direct channel and allow the face to face channel to concentrate on value added and complex transactions.
Impact on the Business
- Individual contributor with accountability to drive strategy and profitability for the overall digital area, as well as manage delivery and ongoing product management of the Direct Channels. Focus on delivering against primarily Digital KPIs specifically driving Digital Engagement.
- Develop and manage to a 24 month Digital roadmap that aligns with Global Digital Strategy. Works directly with Group Digital colleagues, Digital execution, CVM and Marketing colleagues to deliver against Digital based business outcomes.
- Deliver effective management of channel mix within the parameters of the propositions and consistent with customer insights and declared preferences. Ensure certain products and services associated with each proposition will only be available through self serve channels (e.g. online only offers) and the pricing of the propositions will over time be adjusted to reflect the different cost of delivery through customer assisted channels.
- Execute sales and service activities across the Direct channels to ensure the customer experience and sales opportunities are optimized within the respective global customer propositions and that the customer experience is consistent regardless of the channel through which they interact with us whether human or digital.
- Ensure close connection between market trends/client needs and ultimate product/channel delivery and business strategy, driving projects in response to market changes and opportunities and in line with HSBC Group strategy
- Ensure that the local strategy is consistent with Global strategy and leverages / develops regional synergies.
- Originate and support initiatives to generate income, contain costs and mitigate /reduce operational losses. Eliminate 'non value adding' activities to ensure focus on business priorities is not deflected or diluted.
- Deliver new income opportunities through creative application of delivery channels & the deployment of competitively attractive customer propositions
- Deliver to the organisation’s change management capabilities to ensure that the full benefits of change initiatives are realisedons Deliver to the organisation’s change management capabilities to ensure that the full benefits of change initiatives are realised