Auto req ID: 5334BR
TC Media, a member of the TC Transcontinental group, is one of Canada’s leading publishers of community newspapers. In total, we publish over 170 papers across Canada, reaching an average of 6.9 million readers each week.
We are looking to expand our team in Moose Jaw, SK. Specifically; we are seeking an adaptable and dynamic graphic artist to join our team as a Graphic & Page Designer.
Reporting to the Layout Manager, you will be responsible for the creation, design, and layout of fantastic pages for multiple publication formats. We are looking for a dedicated individual who has the ability to work under tight deadlines and ensure that production deadlines are met. You will join our production team that is responsible for the ad creation and page layout functions for more than 45 publications in Atlantic Canada and Saskatchewan.
- Completed diploma or degree from an accredited graphic design/arts program.
- Journalism knowledge considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of publication layout and design
- Strong understanding of Mac computer systems and software such as: CS In-Design, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Internet and Email, web programs, Adobe Acrobat, and other layout and design programs
- Working knowledge of RIP technology and FTP
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Advantages of working for TC:
- Flexible health and dental benefits to meet your lifestyle
- Wellness account
- Employee discounts – Smart phone plans, travel, Apple store
- Interest free technology purchase program