SAGA Sciences—the parent company of the award-winning fitness supplement brands PHARMAFREAK™ and SD Pharmaceuticals™—is seeking a talented full-time Junior Graphic Designer to join the Vancouver team.
The successful candidate will be a creative, well-organized and enthusiastic team player with a willingness to learn and an ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment. This role works in close collaboration with the Art Director, and will continue to advance creatively and technically.
- Assist in the creation of a variety of creative projects including advertising, social media, website assets, printed materials, point of sale, event / tradeshow collateral and newsletters.
- Work within our brand guidelines to create brand consistency (i.e. apply and enforce brand guidelines).
- Assist in organizing and managing creative files and digital media assets.
- Execute web- and press-ready files.
- Upload / send completed artwork to colleagues, suppliers and vendors.
Who you are:
- Adaptable with a willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated, able to work within the team and independently as required.
- Demonstrated high level of dependability, initiative and responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task.
- A demonstrated understanding of branding, design, layout, typography, visual balance, effective use of “white space” and best practices in design.
- Consistent production of clean, accurate work while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Openness and receptiveness to feedback while implementing edits from various decision makers.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines.
- A team player.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design / Graphic Art.
- 1+ years of Graphic Design and / or Production Art experience in an in-house design department or agency environment.
- Complete fluency / proficiency in the use of the MAC system, Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office.
- Strong portfolio displaying your experience and capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Points for:
- Proficiency in high-end retouching.
- Ability to create, edit and skin 3D models (3DS Max, Cinema 4D, etc).
- A passion for health, wellness and fitness and an interest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Working at SAGA Sciences
Our team consists of dynamic industry professionals who promote SAGA Sciences brands and lead the way in global trends, innovation and learning while sharing their passion for health, wellness and fitness—all in an environment that fosters long-term career planning and personal growth. Our mission is to inspire and educate through our product offerings and our values.
Our new eco-friendly offices are located in Gastown and offer a contemporary atmosphere with open plan workspaces, exposed brick accents and plenty of natural light. There are also two kitchens, secure in-building bike storage and shower facilities to support a healthy and active lifestyle.
We encourage a good work / life balance and offer an excellent benefits package (100% covered by the company), supplement and nutrition products, a fitness allowance (gym, yoga, etc) and more!