We are looking for a full-time Graphic Designer, but do not let the title fool you – this will be a multi-disciplinary marketing role with only a premise of actual graphics design.
In this job, you will hone your skills in graphics design and layout, email marketing, marketing automation, campaign strategy, website design and maintenance, eCommerce management, and overall content & asset processing.
We offer good pay, spectacular benefits, and clear progression of your position. Not to mention a work environment where you will grow your career, your skillset, and be able to bounce your ideas and achievements off several seasoned marketing specialists.
- Email marketing – equal parts of working within templates and working with pre-made designs that need to be sliced and converted into (mostly deprecated) HTML that is compatible with all email clients.
- Marketing automation (MA) – working within our MA platform and auxiliary tools to set up the logic and triggers for targeted email blasts.
- Graphic design – utilizing the entire Adobe CC spectrum (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) to create web graphics, print materials, multimedia, presentations, advertisements, and more.
- Website design and updates – managing content and developing graphics within our web platforms; a mixture of legacy HTML, Wordpress, and Magento.
- Copywriting – learning the industry lingo and applying your marketing knowledge to generate interesting/short marketing copy for use in email, print, and other mediums.
You do not necessarily need prior experience with all five of these; just a core understanding of the skills required to fulfill these responsibilities.
- Help establish and communicate the MicroSurvey brands.
- Co-own the product catalog, pricing strategy, sale prices, etc.
- Devise campaign strategies and coordinate product launches.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development for brainstorming and planning.
- Assist with further inbound/outbound marketing technologies; R&D.
- Procure opportunities and coordinate efforts for events, print and other advertising.
- Work directly with our dealers to assist with their marketing plan and materials.
Required qualifications & competencies:
- 2+ years experience in professional graphic design and/or general marketing, OR a diploma for a course related to marketing. Bachelor’s degree definitely a plus, but not required. Computer Sciences count if you feel you have moved laterally into graphics and marketing.
- A friendly and personable demeanor as you interface with coworkers within MicroSurvey, as well as Hexagon and sister company sales and marketing personnel.
- High energy and a strong work ethic, as well as a passion (borderlining on obsession) about your job, your projects, and your creations.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as a proficiency in the Office suite.
- A strong portfolio that can include professional and hobbyist projects alike.
All applications must include a comprehensive portfolio (online or offline) of graphics and related works; we will infer a large amount of information related to your skill level from this, so please be sure it represents your finest work. We will also be looking at the composition, design, execution and medium of your portfolio as though it were a finished product for marketing yourself. A written commentary, including technical detail of each project, would not go to waste.
- ] Relevant experience or training.
- ] Must live in the central Okanagan and able to work full-time, salaried hours in-office.
- ] PDF or web-based resume with a cover letter (can be written into the email application) addressing the five primary responsibilities stated above, in the context of your own experience, training, or skill level.
- ] Spectacular portfolio (PDF, web-based, or other medium) – cannot be overstated.