BCIT is seeking a temporary, full-time Graphic Designer.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, this position is responsible for the creative conceptualization, design, production and coordination of marketing materials (print and electronic) primarily for the Alumni and Foundation Departments at BCIT. Materials include brochures, development proposals, direct mail, posters, flyers, print advertising, tradeshow displays, newsletters, annual reports, and other materials as needed.
• Grade 12 plus a Diploma in Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing or two years specialized training
in (graphics or publishing-related) design and production; must have additional courses (specialized training) in publication layout, photo correction and vector graphics
• Two years general experience, plus two years practical experience in a similar position
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (with an emphasis on InDesign) using a Macintosh platform
• Solid knowledge of typography
• Knowledge and experience with HTML and web-design
• Experience working as part of a design team an asset
• Experience working in a server-based environment; familiarity of project management software such as Basecamp would be an asset
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be diplomatic and use sound judgment
• Excellent organizational skills along with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking and conceptual skills
• High degree of initiative and attention to detail
• Editing and proofreading experience
• Ability to work flexible hours including over-time and weekends
• Some independent study of visual arts would be an asset
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: ASAP to March 29, 2013
SALARY RANGE: Pay Grade 8; $46,042 with yearly increments to $50,050 per annum
COMPETITION NUMBER: 12B84
CLOSING DATE: April 16, 2012
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.