A global company with family values
From its humble beginnings in the Tacoma, Washington kitchen of Frank Mars, Mars, Incorporated has grown into a company of global scope with six business segments including Chocolate, Petcare, Wrigley Gum and Confections, Food, Drinks and Symbioscience, generating annual revenues of more than $30 billion. As a family-owned company for nearly a century, we are guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. We continually strive to put our Principles in Action in everything we do: making a difference to people and the planet through performance.
A shared passion
Since its founding in 1968, Royal Canin has grouped together individuals from various horizons and diversified cultures linked by the passion for dogs and cats and the willingness to give them what's best. Management principles such as working in multi-functional project teams, collective intelligence, vision sharing and involvement in decision-making are fundamental to the day-to-day operations at Royal Canin. Deeply rooted in Royal Canin's genes, they have been turned into a key value "the team before the individual" which, combined with a decentralized organization and extensive flexibility contributes to the effectiveness and performance of all of our associates.It is the determination of the women and men at Royal Canin that enables them to take up the most ambitious challenges, allowing us to be a world-class organization.
Currently we are looking for a Graphic Designerto join our Guelph based team. In this 13 month Contract position your responsibilities will include:
- Support the sales and marketing team for graphic projects
·Develop graphics that are both creative and in adherence with the Royal Canin philosophy and graphic guidelines.
· Create graphics that will enhance the image of the Royal Canin brand (high quality, creative, professional) and respect our Health Nutrition positioning.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure responsible and on-time delivery of marketing materials
- Review of materials before printing stage (colour proofs) to ensure colour consistency with Royal Canin global graphic chart (packaging, materials, etc.)
The requirements for our ideal candidate include:
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Functional/Technical skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on the exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented.
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Advanced computer software skills on a Mac platform: Adobe InDesign, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- A working knowledge of printer and pre-press processes would be desirable.
- Experience with Website, Photography/Videography would be an asset.
- Strong typographical and colour usage skills
- Diploma or Certificate in Graphic Design program