Seeking: Graphic Designer & Communications Coordinator
Positions Available: 1
Reports to: Manager of Marketing & Communications
Hours: Full Time
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching
- Excellent benefits program, including: alternative and preventative health treatments
- Inspiring work environment
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 4, 2015 (11:59PM EST)
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
About Real Food for Real Kids:
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is Canada's leading healthy catering company for kids in child care centres, elementary schools and camps - making the list of Canada's 100 Best Workplaces for two years running, winning awards of excellence with the Green Toronto Awards and receiving the 2014 Regional Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence. RFRK prepares and delivers nutritious and delicious hot lunches and snacks, made fresh-from-scratch for over 15,000 kids daily throughout the GTA. We focus on wholesome nutrition and global flavours, while using as much local and organic ingredients as practical. RFRK’s mission is to enable and inspire a lifetime of healthy eating, and to have a rockin’ good time while doing it! Does this jive with you?
A glimpse at the role:
You are a gifted designer who probably had a mouse in their hand before grabbing for their baby bottle! You have the innate ability to bring ideas to life in a creative way. In this role, you’ll also act as the “do’er” – the team member who executes innovative strategies for multiple departments across the organization. Your talents will help educate our clients about real food and help to inspire a lifetime of healthy eating.
The things you’ll get paid to do:
- Support the Manager of Marketing & Communications with the execution of strategic initiatives
- Design and improve online forms and work closely with the IT department to optimize usability
- Develop content/design for digital and print communications pieces and marketing collateral
- Execute an engaging, informative and fun social media strategy that optimizes our brand’s online presence
- Perform regular content updates to our website
- Track valuable metrics that help inform future marketing and communications activities
- Facilitate effective communications throughout the organization
- Coordinate marketing and communications support for community and client events
- Draw cool stuff for our marketing collateral
- Help grow the business to unfathomable heights, so we can spread the ‘Real Food’ message to INFINITY & BEYOND!
The things you can’t believe you’ll be getting paid to do:
- Brightening people’s days
- Having a hand in reshaping the way children, families, and educators eat and perceive food
- Helping our community embrace real food and fostering new healthy eating habits
- Putting your professional and personality strengths to work in a growing and dynamic company
- Taste our nutritious and delicious food on a daily basis!
Yes, it sounds like a lot, but anything less wouldn’t interest you! You see the alchemy of these responsibilities, and the chance to take a fast-growing company (on a world-changing mission) to new heights as too good to pass up.
- Diploma in graphic design with 2+ years work experience (or equivalent)
- Adobe Creative Suite Expertise
- Web savvy with basic HTML knowledge
- Ability to write in a fun, engaging style
- Basic photography skills, ability to draw, and being equally awesome in French a strong asset
- Ontario Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Bonus points for bringing new, exciting and creative tools to the table!
- Is always thinking one step ahead
- Communicates to engage, enlighten and inspire
- Brings positive, tenacious energy to the workplace
- Takes a personal stand for healthfulness and is concerned about the future of our food and our food systems
- Interested in nutrition and its relationship to health and well-being
- Not bound by the status quo, but mindful to document and formalize processes so systems and innovations take root and flourish
- Able to effectively collaborate with passionate, opinionated people to achieve excellent outcomes
- Able to handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities
- Crazy good sense of humour and your work proves it