Janssen Pharmaceutical, companies of Johnson & Johnson are hiring a Government Relations Manager located in Toronto, Ontario.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
- Responsible for building strong relationships to help shape a public policy environment that enables the discovery, development and reimbursement of innovative pharmaceutical products by both the Public and Private Payer sectors.
- Lead the development of strategic relationships with elected and non-elected Ontario government offices.
- Shape Ontario health policy to facilitate patient access to the medicines they need.
- Monitor, assess, provide insight and make informed recommendations on complex public policy issues.
- Build and execute advocacy plans for policies that enable the discovery, development and delivery of innovative medicines to improve the lives of Canadians
- Collaborate with internal Market Access colleagues, the Janssen leadership team and external stakeholders on the development and implementation of strategies and tactical plans.
- Represent Janssen on committees at various industry associations.
- Manage projects, consultants and associated budgets.
- Contribute to the prioritization of policy areas of focus on a national basis, development of policy position statements, and the education of business partners on policy positions and impact to Janssen.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in political science, public administration, public affairs, communication or other relevant field.
- Overall a minimum of 4 years’ business experience with a minimum of 2 years in Government and/or another industry, within a public policy influencing role is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of the healthcare environments including the inter-relations between the political and bureaucratic levels of government is an asset.
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and organization skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders and uncover different stakeholder needs, as well as mobilize stakeholders to shape public policy.
- Familiar and comfortable using social media is required.