Global Event Marketing Manager
Salary: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0611)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
You love community and experiences, and you want to shout about it from rooftops around the world. You are the interface and liaison between the large scale events we create across the globe and how we will bring these stories to life for our guests across our various channels (both online and offline). You are a natural leader, thrive in a cross-functional, high-paced, team environment and are an expert at delivering focused storytelling plans.
You report to our Director, Global Marketing and work closely with our global community leads, global events team, external agencies, in-house creative, PR and digital channel leads to develop the overall marketing strategy and execution.
- Working as a partner to our global teams at the Store Support Centre and international teams in market, you will collaborate with them every step of the way from the inception of the festival through to the day to day execution
- You are responsible for building excitement leading up to the event and driving attendance via owned and external channels
- You will create the overall marketing strategy in partnership with your community and brand partners and be responsible to see that strategy come to life through creative, digital platforms, and offline where applicable
- You work cross functionally with digital channels owners to excite current and new guests across channels (online and offline)
- You work with our internal communications team on internal storytelling
- You are responsible for the inclusion of global festival storytelling in the brand/community calendar and working with the project manager to ensure proper platforms exist and placement of stories are front and center
- You work with our brand product managers/weeklies as applicable in the ultimate goal of combining product and events wherever possible in our storytelling (ie weekly campaign is shot at a global event and features an ambassador)
- You research trends, emerging markets and implement emerging event technology and opportunities to innovate in the space
- You lead cross-functional meetings ensuring that all partners have visibility and understanding of priorities, next steps and challenges
- 4-6+ years’ experience developing and marketing large-scale athletic-related events (10,000 people +)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- Experience in relationship building cross-functionally within a global retailer, and with affiliated professional athletes
- Proven abilities to manage large scale budgets, and execute complex sports marketing strategies
- Knowledge of traditional media platforms, OOH + print.
- Understanding of international athletic and sports-based markets and their relevant channels
- Track record and proven success in marketing and digital strategy; you are proven executor
- Experience reporting on analytics & delivering to KPI’s
- Advanced knowledge and experience with digital media, including social media channels, web and email.
- Organized, responsible and flexible in a fast-paced growth environment
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.