Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian has to fear cancer. At the Canadian Cancer Society, our teams include people just like you: dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and leader in the fight against cancer, the Canadian Cancer Society has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity:
- We spearhead life-saving research. As the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, the Society has invested more than one billion dollars in research so far, and efforts have led to breakthroughs that revolutionize the way cancer is diagnosed, treated and prevented.
- We empower people facing cancer with free information and support services for patients and their families. Since 1996 the Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Information Service has helped more than one million Canadians with their cancer-related questions.
- We lead change for a healthier Ontario. The Canadian Cancer Society has been a forceful and persistent voice on the tobacco control front, and efforts have led to laws that prohibit smoking in public spaces and workplaces, ban cigarette displays and vending machines and help control contraband.
The Society also mobilizes a community of fighters – 60,000 volunteers in Ontario alone – to help deliver programs, organize fundraising events, push change through government and fuel prevention efforts.
All of this is made possible through our ground-breaking fundraising programs and campaigns such as Relay For Life and Daffodil Month, as well as the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
Be part of our team and make the biggest difference in the fight against cancer as a:
Reference #: FG 561
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
Under the direction of the Senior Production and Advertising Manager, the Fundraising Copywriter is responsible for creating, developing, writing and editing fundraising and marketing content for corporate, promotional and fundraising communications to help meet revenue goals.
- Write, format and edit content for promotional materials, correspondence, websites, emails, social media and advertising to support fundraising and marketing.
- Works closely with Content Marketing Specialist to develop content to support organizational content strategy.
- Develops and fosters consistent tone, manner and voice across all donor-facing communication channels that is consistent with the Society’s overall brand.
- Reviews and edits externally developed written content for consistency with Society’s overall brand.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to provide ongoing writing expertise in support of fundraising and marketing solutions to staff, respond to inquiries and provide coaching as required
- Stay current on best practices for fundraising and donor communications.
- Ensures all communications adhere to the Society’s writing standards.
- Works in compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, CCS, and Imagine’s Ethical Fundraising Code.
- Occasionally interviews individuals in support of content development.
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in marketing, communications and/or fundraising; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in copywriting for fundraising, marketing and communication.
- Experience writing for multiple channels with a focus on web, email and social media.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written communication skills.
- Customer focus to interact with staff, volunteers and members of the general public.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Fluent in English (oral and written). French an asset.
- Experience working in a large multi-level or non-profit organization an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures would be an asset.
- A Criminal Records Check is required.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours
- Intermittent evening and weekend work, some overtime required
- Some planned travel (within the city/province) may be required (minimal)
WHAT WE OFFER
The Society offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We arecommitted to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package in the high 40k range, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.