FIFA VIDEO ART DIRECTOR
Electronic Arts’ Content and Digital Strategy team is looking for an Art Director to lead creative on EA SPORTS FIFA’s marketing content.
Each day, 16M minutes of EA’s official videos are watched on YouTube, and the Content and Digital Strategy team’s ambition is to continually pioneer world-class digital content through data-driven insights and creative innovation. For each of EA’s games, the Content & Digital Strategy team is responsible for defining marketing content strategies, digital channel/content analysis and content creation.
Reporting to the Head of Creative, the Video Art Director will work on the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise, one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world. In this role, the Video Art Director will oversee a team of artists and editors who design and create the marketing videos across the franchise. The role partners with senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure creative is impactful, on-brand, and innovative.
The FIFA Video Art Director will devise the video creative strategy for the marketing campaign, pitch and champion the vision, and oversee content production overall. The candidate manages the team’s content output against quality, brand and benchmark requirements.
- Drive the video creative strategy for EA SPORTS FIFA marketing campaigns across digital, earned and broadcast
- Lead end-to-end content creation from creative briefs through to pre-vis, cinematics and capture, post-production
- Inspire the team of cinematic artists and video editors
- Continually identify opportunities to further improve the production & creative process
- Design, communicate, and align the vision for future FIFA video assets
- Partner closely with video creatives to manage and scale work across multiple teams
- Partner with producers to manage resources, expectations, and deadline
- Leverage and analyze content performance data to improve creative execution
- Build and own relationships with development studios, brand leads, external vendors, and EA artists
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of experience as an Art or Video Director in gaming, film, creative agency or broadcast industries required, 4+ years in a management role
- Deep knowledge and passion for soccer/world football required
- Experience in animation, cinematics and/or game capture an advantage
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of video production, digital channels and digital media required
- Experience building, designing, and driving a campaign vision from end to end
- Strong feedback, coaching, and relationship building skills
- Management of internal/external teams
- Fluent in production and post-production tools and workflows. Real-time tool and Shotgun experience an advantage
- Experience managing production process through brief, pre/post, and distribution
- Complex problem solving ability and always solution-oriented
- Strong operational sense and attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with multiple projects in parallel